The York Region Methamphetamine Strategy
- Feds fund Fenway meth program. Jacobs, Ethan // Bay Windows;7/19/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p4
This article discusses a Resist methamphetamine advertising campaign that provides community outreach and information about methamphetamine use and addiction. The campaign is part of a federally funded program called Fenway Community Health's New Champions. The program is one of ten programs...
- Researchers Promote Science to Curb Methamphetamine Addiction. Mitka, Mike // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;11/13/2013, Vol. 310 Issue 18, p1912
The article reports on a testimony heard by the U.S. House Subcommittee on Research and Technology on the role of science in preventing methamphetamine addiction.
- The Meth Effects. Fleming, Sibley // American City & County;Jan2005, Vol. 120 Issue 1, p42
Discusses the role of local governments in controlling the use and production of methamphetamine in the U.S. Comparison of the number of methamphetamine laboratories and dump sites seized across the country in 1995 and 2004; Action taken by Blue Earth County to ease drug abuse problems in...
- Three Dimensional Public-Private Partnership Aims to Prevent Teen Drug Use. // Deputy & Court Officer;2010, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p70
The article offers information on the three dimensional imaging program Face2Face developed by the Mendocino County Sheriff's Office in Washington along with software developer Abalone LLC to show current and potential users the long-term effect of methamphetamine use.
- Fighting back against meth in Oklahoma. GARRETT, SANDY // Native American Times;1/9/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p6
The author reflects on the campaign "Crystal Darkness Oklahoma" that is intended to solve the problem of methamphetamine addiction in Oklahoma. Phase I of the campaign is the airing of the documentary that focuses on prevention from taking up the habit and encouragement to victims to seek help....
- SUSBSTANCE ABUSE: $1.18M in Meth Prevention Funds for Existing Grantees. // Community Health Funding Week;5/22/2009, p12
The article reports that the U.S. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration's (SAMHSA), Center for Substance Abuse Prevention (CSAP) is offering supplemental funds to existing grantees of its prevention of methamphetamine abuse program. It states that the program is designed to...
- Meth money comes through. Garro, Julia // Xtra (Toronto);2/2/2006, Issue 555, p11
Reports on the funding received by the AIDS Committee of Toronto (ACT) in Ontario from Health Canada for a project targeting the use of crystal methamphetamine among gay men. Efforts of the organization to create an on-line resource on crystal methamphetamine for gay men; Significance of the...
- Drugs, Money, and Graphic Ads: A Critical Review of the Montana Meth Project. Erceg-Hurn, David M. // Prevention Science;Dec2008, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p256
The Montana Meth Project (MMP) is an organization that launched a large-scale methamphetamine prevention program in Montana in 2005. The central component of the program is a graphic advertising campaign that portrays methamphetamine users as unhygienic, dangerous, untrustworthy, and exploitive....
- Fighting Methamphetamine Use. Ticknor, Audrey // Access;Jan2007, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p52
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article on the anti-methamphetamine abuse program conducted in Tennessee in the November 2006 issue.