Nutrition information and resources for health educators
- A Nutrition Education Program With Historic Roots Puts Theory in Action. Lee, Karen; Bai, Y.; Wunderlich, S.M. // Journal of Nutrition Education & Behavior;Jul2015 Supplement, Vol. 47 Issue 4, pS20
An abstract of the article "A Nutrition Education Program With Historic Roots Puts Theory in Action" by Karen Lee et al. is presented.
- Erratum. // Journal of Nutrition Education & Behavior;Nov/Dec2015, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p573
A correction to article on nutrition education is presented.
- Your health: You're the boss. // Current Health 1;Nov90, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p3
Encourages young people to make healthy choices. Creating wellness; Stress and relaxation; Healthy eating; Exercise; Avoiding chemicals; Positive attitudes. INSET: Twelve good things about not smoking....
- The twinkie gang strikes it rich. // Current Health 1;Dec95 1 of 2, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p2
Presents activities in keeping a log of desserts. Log of desserts that students eat for a one-week period; Listing low-fat or fat-free desserts; Making a list of the desserts that appeared frequently on the students' diaries; Writing down of how much fat is in a serving of their favorite...
- Challenging Future Nutritionists to Promote Normal Eating. Bassler, Eunice // Healthy Weight Journal;May/Jun2001, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p45
Presents an article about nutrition education. Purpose of promoting normal eating among students of nutrition education; Goals and approach in teaching nutrition.
- Prevention. // Obesity & Health;Mar/Apr94, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p25
Outlines an article in `Adolescence' dealing with some of the findings following the Minnesota Heart Health Program. Finding that girls in the program tended to retain to some extent their positive values about food and exercise after a five-year school-based intervention; Comparison with a...
- Teaching nutrition to kids--They're old enough to understand.... // Child Health Alert;Apr93, Vol. 11, p4
Asserts that nutrition can be taught to children as early as pre-school age. Study made by nutritionists on children's perception regarding nutrition; Children's readiness to learn nutrition and health.
- ...And they'll buy it. // Child Health Alert;Apr93, Vol. 11, p5
Reports on the concerted effort of the food industry, media, nutrition educators and other groups to educate children about nutrition . Two public service announcements emphasizing the importance of breakfast; Clay animation highlighting the benefits of nutrition and fitness.
- Follow-up: Kids & nutrition. // Child Health Alert;May93, Vol. 11, p6
Announces contact information for a series of videos and support materials on nutrition offered by the McDonald's food chain in collaboration with the Society for Nutrition Education.
- Using a critical incident technique to develop nutrition information materials for adults with... Betts, Nancy M.; Dirkx, John // Journal of Nutrition Education;Jul/Aug93, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p208
Reports on the development of nutrition information materials for adults with low literacy skills using the Critical Incident Technique (CTI). CTI background; Description of the project; Development and description of CTI; Summary of CTI protocol.