Future directions for foods and nutrition teaching: Perceptions of Ohio elementary school teachers
- Career choice roots: The preadolescent career focus. Morton, L.L.; Kryk, V.; Awender, M.; Diubaldo, D. // Guidance & Counseling;Fall97, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p10
Describes the career interests of 56 elementary school students, 28 males matched with 28 females, and identifies the top three choices. View of choices as indicators of future career plans; Discovery of eight career categories through factor analysis; Evaluation in terms of sex and age...
- Perceptions of elementary level teachers toward health education. Goldberg, Raymond; Governali, Joseph F. // Wellness Perspectives;Winter90, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p3
Studies the perceptions of elementary teachers regarding health education. Elementary teachers' feelings regarding the worth and need for health education; Factors affecting the delivery of health education; Health education goals identified; Process areas noted.
- Where are teachers' voices in the phonics/whole language debate? Results from a survey of U.S.... Baumann, James F.; Hoffman, James V. // Reading Teacher;May98, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p636
Reports on a survey of the instructional beliefs and practices of elementary reading teachers. Teacher preference for a balanced and eclectic approach to reading instruction; Debate over the phonics versus whole language approach to teaching reading. INSETS: Elementary teachers' beliefs,...
- Do rural and urban elementary teachers differ in their attitudes toward multicultural education in elementary schools? Irwin, Leslie H. // Contemporary Education;1999, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p38
Attempts to determine differences between attitudes of rural and urban elementary school teachers toward multicultural education. Need for teachers to encourage students to develop better understanding of their own backgrounds and those of others; Equitable education for all students;...
- Reducing Problem Behavior Through A School-Wide System Of Effective Behavioral Support: Investigation Of A School-wide Social Skills Training Program And Contextual Interventions. Lewis, Timothy J.; Sugai, George; Colvin, Geoff // School Psychology Review;1998, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p446
Explores the effects of a proactive school-wide discipline approach on the frequency of problem behavior exhibited by elementary students. Impact of a social skill interaction program combined with direct intervention on problem behavior; Behavioral changes after the program implementation;...
- Tricky transitions. // Instructor-Primary;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 106 Issue 5, p66
Provides guidelines on how elementary school teachers can effectively handle students' changing attitudes toward education. Creation of a game plan; Ability to adjust; Informing the students about the various activities; Interview with child psychiatry professor Adele M. Brodkin. INSET:...
- Public school choice and science education: A survey of preservice elementary. Kumar, David // Contemporary Education;1997, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p170
Presents information on a survey conducted to assess attitudes of preservice elementary teachers in public schools towards science education. Details on the methodology used; Information on the eleven questions asked on the survey; Background information on the results of the survey.
- TEACHER INTEREST AND STUDENT ATTITUDE TOWARD FOUR AREAS OF ELEMENTARY SCHOOL CURRICULUM. Breen, Michael J. // Education;Fall79, Vol. 100 Issue 1, p63
Offers an explanation as to why elementary grade students in Wisconsin progressively become uninterested in school. Teacher interest in subject matter taught; Student's attitude toward the teacher and subject matter; Relationship between teacher interest and student attitude.
- A SURVEY OF ELEMENTARY SCHOOL PRINCIPALS AND TEACHERS: TEACHER EVALUATION CRITERIA. Grant, Stephen; Carvell, Robert // Education;Spring80, Vol. 100 Issue 3, p223
Discusses the results of a survey of elementary school principals and teachers concerning teacher evaluation criteria. Berliner and Tikunoff's list of desirable and undesirable teaching behaviors was used as a basis to develop a twenty-one item survey. The survey was administered to all...