Draft pheasant plan completed
- Pennsylvania pheasant restoration initiated. Fegely, Tom // Outdoor Life;Apr93, Vol. 191 Issue 4, p15
Reports that ringneck and `ring-less' pheasants will be the focus of an intensive restoration effort by the Pennsylvania Game Commission for the next six years. Specifics on the project; Counties affected.
- New pheasant program. // Field & Stream;Sep92, Vol. 97 Issue 5, p63
Announces that New York has implemented a new pheasant stocking program, the new Cooperative Young Pheasant Release Program, that will allow pheasant hunters to become more involved in their sport as well as provide additional pheasant hunting opportunities. Supporters of the program; The...
- State issues 10-point pheasant action plan. // Farmer;Oct2015, Vol. 133 Issue 10, p42
The article discusses the 10-point pheasant action plan issued by the Minnesota state agencies which focuses several issues which includes increasing education and marketing of private lands conservation, increasing management of habitats on public and private lands, and improving roadside...
- GOING IN COLD. Davis, Tom // Field & Stream;Aug2010, Vol. 115 Issue 4, p56
The article discusses the importance of asking permission from a land owner to hunt pheasants in their fields during hunting seasons in the U.S. It notes that being polite and appreciative have to be considered in order to get permission from a landowner. An overview of places in states...
- Birds blur conservationist perspective. MOHR, PAULA // Farmer;Oct2015, Vol. 133 Issue 10, p10
The author reflects on Minnesota government and governor Mark Dayton's pheasant replenishment plan focusing on the status on soil and waterstewardship, land acquisitions in Minnesota, and conservation efforts by the state government.