Water--the life blood of aquatic stream communities
- Acquaponics: dynamic greenhouse duo. Pritchard, Gillian // Harrowsmith Country Life (11908416);Jul/Aug95, Vol. 20 Issue 123, p10
Focuses on aquaculture consultants Gary Chapman and Gintas Kamaitas' research at Sir Sandford Fleming College's School of Natural Resources in Ontario, Canada proving fish and plants thrive together. Details of the research report.
- DRIFT BOAT BIRTHPLACE. // Fly Fisherman;Mar2008, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p37
The article presents information on how aquatic environments determine the fly fishing culture.
- The Standing Waters of Coll and Tiree in a National and International Context. Preston, C.D.; Stewart, N.F.; Palmer, M.A. // Botanical Journal of Scotland;2000, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p43
Conducts a survey of aquatic vascular plants and charophytes in a total of 200 standing waters on the Inner Hebridean islands of Coll and Tiree in Scotland. Description of lake and pool types; Classification of standing waters and their vegetation in Great Britain; Six nationally recognized...
- Preface. N�ges, Peeter; van De Bund, Wouter; Cardoso, Ana Cristina; Solimini, Angelo G.; Heiskanen, Anna-Stiina // Hydrobiologia;Oct2009, Vol. 633 Issue 1, p1
A preface for the October 15, 2009 issue of the journal "Hydrobiologia" is presented.
- Preface. Triebskorn, Rita; Kohler, Heinz-R. // Journal of Aquatic Ecosystem Stress & Recovery;2001, Vol. 8 Issue 3/4, pV
Introduces the articles published in the November 2001 issue of the 'Journal of Aquatic Ecosystem Stress and Recovery.' Topics of the articles; Authors who contributed to the issue.
- Erratum. // Journal of Plant Ecology;Sep2011, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p192
A correction to the article "Ecohydrological advanced and applications in plant-water relations research: A review," that was published in a 2011 issue is presented.
- Chesapeake Bay blues. // Earthwatch: The Journal of Earthwatch Institute;May/Jun95, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p44
Describes the Earthwatch project about aquatic ecology and blue crabs led by John McConnaugha and Robert Brumbaugh which will take place in Chesapeake Bay and Virginia's eastern shore. Activities; Field conditions; Costs.
- GRIEF ON THE REEF. Reebs, Stephan // Natural History;Nov2002, Vol. 111 Issue 9, p18
Deals with the prevalence of white pox disease in corals as of November 1, 2002. Percentage of elkhorn corals in Florida infected with the disease; Bacterium responsible for the spread of the disease; Factors which contribute to coral loss.
- MANNA FOR THE SEA. Reebs, Stephan // Natural History;Nov2002, Vol. 111 Issue 9, p20
Reports on a study on the amount of air dust in the southeastern Mediterranean sea. Characteristic of the region which made it ideal for studying air dust; Significance of air dust to the ecology of the sea.