Rapid onset of bloating and early satiety: an unusual cause with positive histology
- Bladder Ca surveillance falls short of guidelines. Schieszer, John // Urology Times;Jun2003, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p6
Relates that patients with superficial bladder cancer are not receiving the surveillance that current guidelines recommend, according to a study by researchers at the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York. Significant proportion of patients receiving surveillance that deviates from...
- Corrigendum. // Research & Reports in Urology;2012, Issue 4, p47
A correction to the article "Detection of Low Frequency FGFR3 Mutations in the Urine of Bladder Cancer Patients Using Next-Generation Deep Sequencing" that was published in the previous issue is presented.
- Moving Pieces. Elpert, Lana R. // Annals of Internal Medicine;3/19/2013, Vol. 158 Issue 6, p495
The author presents a personal narrative of his experience of meeting a patient having bladder cancer.
- Cystectomy Patients May Need Longer VTE Prophylaxis. // Renal & Urology News;Dec2013, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p16
The article reports on a study by Amanda A. VanDlac and colleagues which finds that patients undergoing radical cystectomy for bladder cancer may need longer pharmacologic prophylaxis for venous thromboembolism (VTE).
- Predictors of Post-RC Bladder Cancer Recurrence. // Renal & Urology News;Dec2012, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p23
The article reports that patient who treated with radical cystectomy (RC) for muscle-invasive bladder cancer has the higher risk of the recurrence of the local bladder cancer if the tumor is already in pathologic stage or has lymph node invasion.
- In-Hospital Complications Common After Cystectomy. // Renal & Urology News;Sep2013, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p16
The article presents the study by Mieke van Hemelrijck and colleagues of the King's College London School of Medicine regarding the in-hospital complications gained by urinary bladder cancer (UBC) patients who were treated with radical cystectomy.
- Bladder CA Biopsies Often Suboptimal. // Renal & Urology News;Nov2014, Vol. 13 Issue 11, Special section p1
The article presents research indicating the vulnerability of bladder cancer patients to die from their malignancy due to their suboptimal bladder biopsies.
- BCG. // Reactions Weekly;5/14/2011, Issue 1351, p13
The article describes the case of a 66-year-old man with bladder cancer, who developed Mycobacterium bovis infection and hepatitis following intravesicular instillation of Bacillus Calmette-Guerin.
- Early and late urodynamic assessment of the orthotopic N-shaped neobladder. ZONGLIANG ZHANG; HAIYAN QI; RONGXIANG ZHOU; XUNBO JIN // Oncology Letters;2013, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p1053
The present study aimed to report the urodynamic data from 46 male patients who underwent an orthotopic N-shaped neobladder replacement following a radical cystectomy during a 12-month period and to provide urodynamic evidence for the improvement of this technique. A total of 46 consecutive male...