- ANSWER. // Gut;Jun2008, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p771
The article presents an answer to a question regarding the cause of the persistent hiccups on a female patient.
- Hiccups: An embarassment, a nuisance--and sometimes a warning. Lipman, Marvin M. // Consumer Reports on Health;Jul93, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p79
Examines the causes and treatment of hiccups. Physiological explanation for hiccups; Remedies; Serious case of hiccups; Medical intervention.
- Hiccup. Aronson, Jeff // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);11/23/96, Vol. 313 Issue 7068, p1326
Discusses the etymology of hiccup.
- Heart drug helps stop hiccups. // Current Science;9/8/89, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p3
Reports that nifedipine, a drug used to prevent heart pain, can also stop constant hiccupping in some people. How hiccups occur. Science news for children.
- Q&A. // Science World;3/24/95, Vol. 51 Issue 12, p23
Presents an advisory on the topic of hiccups.
- How to stop hiccups. Heller, Linda // Redbook;Jan96, Vol. 186 Issue 3, p25
Presents a technique which is said to stop hiccups.
- Hiccup cure #648. // Men's Health;Sep94, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p25
Presents a possible cure for hiccups provided by Dev Mehta, a gastroenterologist at Hahnemann University Hospital in Philadelphia, who suggests that plugging your ears with your fingers for about 20 seconds should stop them. Why this might work.
- How to stop the hiccups. Darlington, Joy // Parenting;Aug98, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p34
Presents information on hiccups in infants and how this condition can be treated. Theory that some babies acquire hiccups before birth; Factors which influence hiccups; Suggestion of different remedies to treat hiccups.
- The lowdown on hiccups. // Current Health 1;Dec97, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p2
Reports that hiccups as rarely a sign of a serious ailment. Causes of hiccups; How people sometimes get hiccups; Home remedies for dealing with hiccups.