Latest Quarterly Results Erratic; Profits Flat or Down
- Economy the Scapegoat Once Again. // Book Publishing Report;Aug2009, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p10
The article focuses on the business condition of publishing companies in the U.S. as of August 2009. It says that Harlequin Inc. gained 33.5 million U.S. dollars in operating profit. It reports a 115.8% decrease in the operating profit of HarperCollins Publishers LLC. It also notes a 76% decline...
- Holidays Push Books Back Up, Though Not Enough. // Book Publishing Report;Mar2010, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p8
The article focuses on the rebound in the U.S. trade publishing industry during the fourth quarter (Q4) of 2009. It says that the operating profit of Harlequin Enterprises Ltd. increased to 66.1% due to its electronic book (e-book) strategy. It mentions that HarperCollins Publishers LLC's...
- Publishers' First Quarter Generally Stronger Year-Over-Year. // Book Publishing Report;May2010, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p1
The article focuses on the revenues and profits of trade publishing houses in which a rebound for the first quarter of 2010 is observed according to the "Book Publishing Report" (BPR). It says that profit increase of 53.7% is reported by four publishers including Simon & Schuster Inc.,...
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD: THE PUBLISHERS. // Book Publishing Report;12/2/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 47, p3
Presents the New York Times bestseller ratings scorecard of publishers. HarperCollins; Scholastic; Simon & Schuster.
- RH Puts New Cooking Title on Top of NYT Advice/Misc. List. // Book Publishing Report;11/13/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 44, p7
The article reports on developments related to the book industry and trade in the U.S. Random House has the top two titles on the hardcover side including "Barefoot Contessa at Home" and "Ageless." Simon & Schuster is paced by the No. 4 title on the hardcover list with Paula Deen's "Paula Deen...
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;11/12/2012, Vol. 259 Issue 46, p5
The article offers publishing industry news briefs as of November 12, 2012, on topics including publisher Simon & Schuster's third-quarter 2012 earnings announcement, changes to publisher HarperCollins's distribution logistics, and a director change at publisher Quarto.
- First Half Mostly Kind to Leading Publishers; Frontlist in Focus. // Book Publishing Report;Aug2007, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p7
The article reports on the improvement in the financial performance of book publishers in the first quarter of 2007. Harlequin Inc. claims that its revenue grew to $228.2 million and $31.2 million in operating profit from series books sales. HarperCollins Publishers Inc. reported a revenue of...
- Slow 2Q Doesn't Keep HarperCollins From Posting First-Half Growth. // Book Publishing Report;02/12/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p5
Reports on increased operating results posted by publisher HarperCollins through the first half of fiscal 2001, despite a sluggish second quarter. Sales and operating income; Major honors won by the publisher during the quarter.
- FINANCIAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;11/11/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 44, p5
Reports on the financial performance of HarperCollins Publishers. Operating profits; Revenues of the different divisions of HarperCollins; Sales growth at superstores and at Amazon.com.