5-Year Mystery Category Review Shows Trade Paper's Growth, Expanding Author Influence
- 2005 New York Times Paperback Fiction Bestsellers By Publisher. // Book Publishing Report;5/2/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 17, p8
Presents lists of 2005 New York Times Paperback Fiction Bestsellers by Publishers.
- Clays wins contract to print Pocket Penguin paperbacks. Cardew, Ben // Printing World;1/20/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 3, p2
Reports on the contract won by Clays to print the Pocket Penguins paperback series in Great Britain. Celebration of the 70th-year anniversary of the publishing company; Inclusion of chapters, essays and short stories in the 70 A-format 64-page paperbacks; Organization of a city reading scheme;...
- Writing for the Yankee Dollar. Maillard, Kieth // Books in Canada;Dec79, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p3
Focuses on fiction writing styles in Canada. Dominance of the New York style in fiction; Use of the naturalistic and satiric modes; Assistance to all publishing ventures by public funds.
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD. // Book Publishing Report;5/5/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 18, p4
Presents a chart depicting the ranking of fiction writers based on their performance in the New York Times Bestseller Scorecard for paperback books in the U.S.
- Basically, the rich don't read books, so sod them if they don't like paperbacks. Marin, Andrew // New Statesman;4/12/2004, Vol. 133 Issue 4683, p63
Discusses paperback books. Publication of the author's novel in hardback; Association of paperback books with juveniles; Fact that the rich today would rather have a gym than a library filled with hardback books; Belief that the rich don't read anymore; Author's love of paperback books published...
- Parents and reading. // Reading Today;Aug/Sep91, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p20
Offers information to parents on books and reading. A list of books recommended for preschoolers and children aged five to seven, which was in the January 15, 1991 issue of "Book Links"; Availability of the book list in a brochure from the American Library Association; Indication that paperback...
- The Vanishing Paperback? // Christian Science Monitor;3/29/99, Vol. 91 Issue 84, p10
Editorial. Reports on declining sales of paperback books in the United States in the 1990s. Statistics on sales; History of the paperback book, which first appeared in the 1930s; Likelihood that paperback books will stop being printed.
- Book Title Output Slips in 1988. Selsky, Deborah // Library Journal;3/15/1990, Vol. 115 Issue 5, p30
Reports on mass-market paperback publishing which fell steeply by 23 percent in 1988. How the United States ranks third in title output among all book-producing countries; India experiencing fastest growth; Role of Book Industry Study Group.
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD. // Book Publishing Report;01/14/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p3
Presents a chartlist of publishers for paperback nonfiction books at the New York Times Bestseller Scoreboard as of 2001. Rank of the publishers; Number of bestseller books released; Number of weeks the books stayed in the chart.