Pace of New Titles Rises in April
- 2005 New York Times Paperback Fiction Bestsellers By Publisher. // Book Publishing Report;5/2/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 17, p8
Presents lists of 2005 New York Times Paperback Fiction Bestsellers by Publishers.
- Are "YA" Titles the "PG-13" of Publishing? // Book Publishing Report;Sep2008, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p1
The article reports on the study regarding the bestselling novels in the U.S. Through a breakdown of age brackets, the titles for the youngest group averaged 38% of the total books, falling from 45% in 2002 to 29% in 2007. Titles for 5-9 years olds have also shrunk, from 37% to 33%, which is the...
- HarperCollins Benefits from Oprah. // Book Publishing Report;2/9/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p8
Presents information regarding the "New York Times" bestsellers, compiled as of February 2004. Hardcover fiction bestsellers by literary agent; Hardcover fiction by publisher; Hardcover fiction bestsellers by no. 1 titles with longevity.
- February bestsellers. // Quill & Quire;Apr2005, Vol. 71 Issue 4, p40
The article presents information on top 10 best-selling books in Canada from January 29-February 25, according to a survey of more than 210 independent booksellers.
- How We Compile Our Bestseller List. Hughes, Laurence // Publishers Weekly;11/19/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 46, p62
The article explains how the "Publisher's Weekly" journal compile their bestseller list. They gather information from traditional retail venues such as independent bookstores, online retailers and mass merchandisers. Sales information in some categories is statistically weighted and sales...
- MEMOIRS HIT MAJOR NOTES. Barker, Andrew // Variety;11/15/2010, Vol. 421 Issue 1, p46
The article examines memoirs and autobiographies written by noted popular musicians. The publication of "Decoded," by rap musician Jay-Z, by the publisher Spiegel & Grau is discussed. Examples of memoirs by musicians which became best sellers or were nominated for book awards are considered...
- Behind the bestsellers. Maryles, Daisy // Publishers Weekly;12/9/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 50, p17
Discusses publishing news for the week of December 9, 1996, about bestsellers. The omission of `Angela's Ashes,' by Frank McCourt from the 1996 National Book Awards; The relaunch of the book `The Christmas Box,' by Richard Paul Evans; The publication of `The Christmas Tree,' by Julie Salamon...
- --The Publishers--. // Book Publishing Report;04/09/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p4
Lists the publishers of hardcover nonfiction bestsellers through April 8, 2001. Simba Information from the 'New York Times' bestseller lists; Number of weeks in the list.
- THE PUBLISHERS. // Book Publishing Report;8/27/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 34, p3
Ranks United States-based publishers by hardcover nonfiction bestsellers from year-to-date through August 26, 2001. Random House; Simon & Schuster; HarperCollins; Penguin Putnam.