E-Books: Dead and Alive
- It's a Digital Book World. Milliot, Jim; Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;1/31/2011, Vol. 258 Issue 5, p4
The article discusses the highlights of the second annual Digital Book World held in New York in January 2011. Several members of the trade publishing market attended the event to explore ways to navigate the digital transition. During a morning session, Kelly Gallagher of Bowker discussed a new...
- Announcing Two Seybold Report E-Books. // Seybold Report: Analyzing Publishing Technologies;10/24/2011, Vol. 11 Issue 20, p15
The article offers information about the two electronic books (e-books) released by the Seybold Report. The two e-books include Digital Printing Technology Today and E-Book Production Today. These books contain material not previously published in the newsletter as well as full reprints of...
- O'Reilly's Tools of Change Adapts to Book Publishing Realities. Paxhia, Steve // Seybold Report: Analyzing Publishing Technologies;3/6/2008, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p3
The article reports on the conference entitled "Tools of Change," organized by Tim O' Reilly, that was held in New York on June 2007. The event focused its discussion on the enhancing the utilization of the computer program TOC 2.0 by the book publishing industry as well as introduce the...
- CONFERENCES AND LIVE EVENTS. // Graphic Arts Industry News Digest;12/1/2011, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p8
The article offers information on several conferences and live events in the U.S. and Malaysia from December 2011 to March 2012 including a one-day electronic-publishing (e-publishing) event in Kuala Lumpur, the 2012 AppForum digital printing and direct marketing conference in Las Vegas, Nevada,...
- QSystems Q4 Analyzed by IT Enquirer. // Graphic Arts Industry News Digest;Oct2012, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p32
The article focuses on the Functionality Report of IT Enquirer which analyzes the cross-media publishing platform in the fourth quarter of 2012.
- E-Books Could Send Third World Countries Back to the Dark Age. Malala, John N. // International Journal of the Book;Apr2014, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p43
Electronic publishing is overwhelmingly posited to the rapid deployment of books to customers in a timely fashion, and affordably. The chatter in scholarly environments is now about a technological paradigm shift that has affected the book publishing industry. Companies are coming with ambitious...
- OpenURL, Publishing Models Top the Agenda at Charleston. Kenney, Brian // Library Journal;12/15/2003, Vol. 128 Issue 20, p27
Focuses on the topics discussed at the annual Charleston Conference, an informal gathering for librarians, publishers and vendors, held from November 5 through 8, 2003 in South Carolina. Adoption of electronic serials collections; Implementation of a link resolving software; Security issues...
- Duplo announces digital finishin line-up for London Calling event. Hooker, Adam // PrintWeek (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);8/21/2009, p12
The article offers information on Duplo London Calling, a digital print finishing trade show that finishing equipment manufacturer Duplo International will hold at the Docklands Hilton Hotel in England on September 22-23, 2009.
- Digital print seminar set. // American Printer;Jan96, Vol. 216 Issue 4, p20
Reports on the holding of the 1996 conference and exhibits of the Digital Printing and Imaging Association on April 10-13 in Palm Springs, California. Theme of the event; Activities; Contact information.