Tip of the Month
- Inward Trunk. // Network Dictionary;2007, p258
A definition of the term "Inward Trunk" is presented. It refers to a trunk that is only for incoming calls. An example of an inward trunk is 800 lines.
- field a call. // Bloomsbury Business Library - Business & Management Dictionary;2007, p3058
A definition of the term "field a call" is presented. It is a slang used for the process of taking a difficult phone call from somebody.
- Making Your Dispatchers Life Easier Three easy tips for making life around the office a little more stress free. King, Ruth // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Sep2005, Vol. 85 Issue 9, p58
Offers tips for making life of dispatchers, of telephone operators, around the office a little more stress-free. Importance of making sure that everyone who answers the telephone gets a break in the morning and afternoon; Need to leave the second call of the day open; Words and phrases that...
- All Trunks Busy. // Network Dictionary;2007, p31
A definition of the term "All Trunks Busy" (ATB) is presented. It refers to the state of a telephone trunk group when all trunks are in use. It means the trunk group cannot accept any new inbound or outbound calls.
- Cross-Office Check. // Network Dictionary;2007, p127
A definition of the term "Cross-Office Check" is presented. In telecommunication, the term refers to the activity in call-processing procedure which is a check on the circuits between two or more exchanges to verify an acceptable transmission path exists.
- Point In Call. // Network Dictionary;2007, p378
A definition for the term "Point in Call" (PIC) is presented. In telecommunication, it refers to the phrase or position within a call. PIC examples include answered, long duration, and released.
- dead ringer. // Bloomsbury Business Library - Business & Management Dictionary;2007, p2248
A definition of the term "dead ringer" is presented. It refers to an automatically dialed telemarketing call that cuts off when answered because there is nobody at the sender's end available to deal with it.
- Woolworths. // Marketing (00253650);9/27/2006, p104
The article presents a conversation of an employee of the periodical "Marketing" with a customer support executive (CSE) of Woolworths PLC on the telephone and an analysis of the service on the basis of the conversation. The "Marketing" employee says that he wanted to know whether Woolsworth...
- Add-on Conference. // Network Dictionary;2007, p24
A definition of the term"Add-on Conference" is presented. It refers to a call feature that allows an additional party to be added to an established telephone call without attendant assistance.