Doing Business in an Electronic World
- Turn up the heat. McCarthy, Vance // Telephony;9/16/96, Vol. 231 Issue 12, p26
Looks at the transformation of the Internet from a cool toy to a red-hot maturing business tool. Growing number of security and transaction-caliber technologies for electronic commerce; Entry of banking institutions into the game; Advice to businesses who want to cash in on this rage.
- Ethnic dot.coms. // Siliconindia;Mar2000, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p72
Reports on competition faced by ethnic media in India in light of the emergence of dot-com companies. Competition created by the Internet for big and small businesses; Nonexistence of coverage of the sites of Indians living in the United States; Emergence of online grocery stores which charge...
- The business of e-commerce. Barbour, Tracy // Alaska Business Monthly;Aug99, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p20
Discusses how businesses can benefit from having a presence on the Web. Transformation of their Web sites from an informational tool to a revenue generator; Estimated number of Internet users by the year 2000; Chance for companies to promote their products and services around the world;...
- Windows of Opportunity. Hapgood, Fred // Inc.;1999 Inc. Technology 4, Vol. 21 Issue 17, p114
Surveys the various Web site tools available for business enterprises. Significance of electronic commerce to businesses; Factors that cause the increase in products and services in the Web; Features of the tools. INSET: Are You Being Served?.
- TWO CENTS. Nunley, Kevin // Boating World;Jan2007, Vol. 28 Issue 1, pMM1
The article offers advice for businesses on improving their Web site. Firms should add more content, more levels and additional details to attract viewers to the Web site. The more time spent by customers on Web sites increases their commitment to make a purchase and also means fewer sales...
- Planning, branding are keys to online sales. TICEHURST, DARRELL; KEEGAN, KEVIN // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;01/18/99, Vol. 103 Issue 3, p24
Lists the priorities of companies seeking to seize the Internet market in 1999. Preparation for mainstream America in 1999; Participation in an online marketplace; Proprietary online transaction site building; Importance of portal access; Characteristics of an Internet strategy; Agent...
- From Shelves to Screens. // Response;Sep2010, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p38
The article offers information on electronic commerce (E-commerce). It states two ways to identify the growth of E-commerce including the increase in the number of electronic sales made traditionally through the main website of a retailer and the second requires merchants' exploration and...
- Interactive initiative. Ammenheuser, Maura K. // Shopping Centers Today;May2009, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p61
The article reviews two web sites including The Runway from Wet Seal and Forever 21 by Twelve by Twelve.
- Electronic Commerce Beyond the 'dot com' Boom. Senn, James A. // National Tax Journal;Sep2000 Part 1, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p373
Presents a study which examined the factors underlying the fall off in the value of online companies. Information on electronic commerce; Growth of online firms; Business principles violated by online companies; Areas in which electronic commerce will continue to evolve.