Five-day meal plan
- Teen party treats. // Diabetes in the News;Jul/Aug93, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p26
Presents recipes for parties with diabetic people as guests. Rice Krispies Squares; Easy Pizza; Cheese and Onion Popcorn; Party Snack Mix.
- Diet. Smith, Belinda Maness // Diabetes in the News;Jan/Feb94, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p38
Presents a question and answer format on diet. Choices for frozen dinners that fits busy lifestyle and diabetes diet plan; Use of sweetener; Nutritional value of alfalfa sprouts; Recipe for Open-face Puff Sandwich; Canned fruits packed with high sugar syrup; Tips in kosher diet; List of books...
- Food is the key part of your diabetes control program. Hamilton, Carlene // Diabetes in the News;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p9
Discusses the importance of food in the successful control of diabetes. Effect of too much or too little food; Meal plan for each diabetic patient; Major fact to keep in mind; Type I meal planning basics; Type II meal planning basics. INSET: Age-related meal plan changes..
- Healthy food choices. Feste, Cathy // Diabetes in the News;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p53
Presents some thoughts for a diabetic on how to become aware of the choices and challenges that are present in meal plan. Major challenge; Questions to ask; Two greatest challenges of restaurant eating; Greatest food challenge at home; Review of snacking habits.
- Diet questions & answers. // Diabetes in the News;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p62
Presents questions and answers on diet for diabetics. Calcium intake; Ways to reduce blood cholesterol levels; Fructose as a sugar; Cause for a sweet tooth; Cinnamon and diet.
- Diet questions & answers. Smith, Belinda Maness // Diabetes in the News;May/Jun95, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p39
Answers questions about diets for diabetics. Effect of spices on blood glucose levels; Health benefits of rotisserie chicken; Effect of insulin injections on weight.
- Health care costs could be cut by integrating nutrition therapy into diabetes care. // Nutrition Health Review: The Consumer's Medical Journal;1994, Issue 71, p7
Discusses the inclusion of nutrition therapy in the treatment of diabetes as cost management measure. Control of blood glucose levels; Benefits of nutritional interventions; Recommendations from the American Dietetic Association.
- Changes in milk and fat choices of nondiabetic siblings of newly diagnosed diabetic children: A... Virta-Autio, Paula; Virtanen, Suvi M. // Journal of Nutrition Education;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p272
Examines how the diagnosis of insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (IDDM) in one child affects the consumption patterns of milk and fat among nondiabetic siblings. Increase in use of skim milk, margarines on bread, and oils in food preparation among nondiabetic siblings after diagnosis; Dietary...
- An easy resource for fast-food counting. Mettenburg, Julie // Countdown;Fall96, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p10
Presents a booklet from Franklin Publishing Inc. which provides information on the proper foods and nutrients for diabetic patients. Nutritional analysis performed by L. Preston Mercer included in the booklet; Other information included in the booklet.