GM boosts 4500 cutaway
- Winter solstice. Hart, Roger // AutoWeek;5/3/2004, Vol. 54 Issue 18, p20
The article focuses on 2006 Pontiac Solstice, a hot project at General Motors Corp. It is the first car to be built on a new rwd architecture, and it's the first car, from concept to production, with product czar Bob Lutz's fingerprints all over it. The car was the attraction of the 2002 North...
- THE CORVETTE GOES ALUMINUM. Whitfield, Kermit // Automotive Design & Production;Apr2005, Vol. 117 Issue 4, p62
Focuses on the use of aluminum spaceframe in the 2006 Corvette Z06 automobile by General Motors. Description of the spaceframe; Projected annual volume for the Z06.
- Motown's Keeping a Stiff Upper Lip. Dietsch, Robert W. // New Republic;2/16/74, Vol. 170 Issue 7, p13
Focuses on measures taken by the automobile industry to manage the slowdown of automobile sales in Detroit, Michigan. Prevalence of layoffs and reduced work week in the industry; Plans of General Motors Corp., Ford Motor Co. and Chrysler Corp. to revamp production facilities; Problems faced by...
- GM debuts van. // American Trucker;Apr2014, p6
The article discusses the launch of the Chevrolet City Express cargo van from General Motors.
- Escape Artist. // Popular Science;Oct2001, Vol. 259 Issue 4, p70
Reports on the trend in the off-road use of sport utility vehicles (SUV). Efforts of automobile manufacturers to develop hybrid SUV; Plan of General Motors to launch high-technology gas engines.
- NEWS: FLASH. // AutoWeek;2/21/2005, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p3
This article reports that General Motors Corp. (GM) has spent $2 billion to sever ties with Fiat. The settlement stems from a nearly five-year-old agreement GM made to buy 20 percent of the Italian automaker. It is also reported that the BLS sedan officially joins the Cadillac family at the...
- FORMULA THREE. Vaughn, Mark // AutoWeek;4/4/2005, Vol. 55 Issue 14, p4
The article focuses on the SUB3Wheeler, which is the ultimate minimalist driving experience--low, small, fast and fun. It's a vehicle awaiting a race series, or at least a spec class in someone else's racing series. Problem is, there are only three of these three-wheelers in the world. The three...
- KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA. Gritzinger, Bob // AutoWeek;2/2/2004, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p21
Automobile giant General Motors Corp. has designed the kappa rear-wheel-drive sports cars. The chassis of the model can be altered as per requirement and also has convertible as well as fixed roof. The company introduced two concepts: the hatchback Chevrolet Nomad and the sporty styled Saturn...
- ASTRA LOGICAL. Rendell, Julian // AutoWeek;4/2/2007, Vol. 57 Issue 14, p15
The article offers information on the evolution of Saturn automobiles under the brand name of General Motors Corp. (GM). GM has combined the European Chassis technology and body styling under the brand name of Saturn to create new products like Saturn Aura Sedan. Saturn Astra is considered to be...