Don't be rude--be Rudy
- A Q&A WITH RUDY RUETTIGER. Newby, Josh // Pensacola Magazine;Sep2015, p62
The article presents an interview with motivational speaker and former football player Daniel "Rudy" Ruettiger who discusses his motivational speaking, the significant of a positive mindset in motivation, and upcoming talk at a Boys and Girls Club event in September 2015.
- Treading the boards. Chisholm, Alisdair // Training Journal;Oct2012, p74
A personal narrative is presented in which the author discusses his experience giving motivational speeches at schools.
- American Notes - Editorial. // Education;Jan1927, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p311
The author reflects on the qualifications of a good teacher. He believes that having a diploma for a degree should not be the main prerequisite of professorship but rather, personality should be given priority and emphasis. He asserts that it was not mental fitness that made good teachers in the...
- Using public speaking to deliver messages that resonate. Gitomer, Jeffrey // Journal of Business (10756124);6/4/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p30
The author discusses the impact of economic downturn to motivational speakers. He points out that personal motivation is a significant factor for everyone to survive from a down economy. He adds that some people utilize motivation by concentrating on bad news, the state of the economy, business...
- Intruders attack doc with carving knife. // New Zealand Doctor;8/10/2005, p3
Relates the experience of celebrity television doctor Tom Mulholland after being stabbed in the arm by an intruder at a friend's Auckland apartment in New Zealand. Details of the incident; Efforts made by Mulholland to get help; Views as a motivational speaker in dealing with such kind of incident.
- LEADERS: STEP UP TO THE MIKE AND SHOW YOUR SKILLS. Wirtz, Barbara // Credit Union Management;Oct2005, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p12
No abstract available.
- September. // Real Simple;Sep2006, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p22
The article profiles Gail Blanke, a personal and executive coach and a motivational speaker in the U.S. It includes background information on Blanke and her professional career, as well as her work experience in advising all kinds of people ranging from chief executives to presidential...
- Personality and the Goal-Striving Process: The Influence of Achievement Goal Patterns, Goal Level, and Mental Focus on Performance and Enjoyment. Lee, Felissa K.; Sheldon, Kennon M.; Turban, Daniel B. // Journal of Applied Psychology;Apr2003, Vol. 88 Issue 2, p256
The purpose of this study is to examine the mechanisms by which personality traits influence performance and satisfaction. Specifically, the authors examined how 3 personality characteristics derived from self-determination theory (autonomy, control, and amotivated orientations) influence...
- LIFE at its Fullest. Drill, Herb // PN;Feb2009, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p16
The article focuses on Scott Chesney, a wheelchaired motivational speaker and corporate coach in the U.S. After dealing with spinal cord injury, Chesney said he realized that "no matter what a person's disability may be, there is always room for growth and happiness." He provides tips on how...