Are you on top of inventory?
- ANSWERS T O YOUR FORECASTING QUESTIONS. // Journal of Business Forecasting;Spring2009, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p3
The article presents questions and answers related to business forecasting including the methods used in different industries for forecasting, the impact of forecast accuracy towards inventory, and the most appropriate strategy for forecast accuracy in the Sales and Operation Planning (S&OP)...
- Art or reality. Ayers, Allan F. // Transportation & Distribution;Jun94, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p29
Discusses ways of effective use of forecasting systems in inventory management. Performance controls that will assist in focusing time and effort available; Purposes served by different types of forecasts; Flow of forecasts and planning process. INSET: Forecasting or planning?..
- STOCK CONTROL: HOW BIG IS AN ORDER? Lines, Anthony // Accountancy;Apr90, Vol. 105 Issue 1160, p127
Discusses the use of coverage analysis for stock control. Reduction of stock holding; Ways for determining ordering costs and inventory carrying costs; Order-placing capability of a company; Stages of coverage analysis.
- Take back control of your inventory. Gray, Andi // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/20/2006, Vol. 45 Issue 47, p9
The article discusses on the significance of business inventory management. The author talks about inventory theory which suggests that more regular ordering cycles with lower amounts of each demand mostly lead in higher profit. According to the author, it is essential to employ inventory...
- Inventory Accounting Method and Earnings--Price Ratios. DHALIWAL, DAN S.; GUENTHER, DAVID A.; TROMBLEY, MARK A. // Contemporary Accounting Research;Fall99, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p419
Lee (1988) finds that LIFO firms have higher earnings-price (EP) ratios than non-LIFO firms despite the income-reducing effects of LIFO, a result contrary to economic intuition that Lee describes as a "puzzle." This paper attempts to resolve this puzzle by introducing refined measures of...
- When linen inventory control is lacking, try an Extreme Makeover. // American Laundry News (Crain Communications Inc. (MI));Jan2009, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p1
The article focuses on the suggestion of Barb Williams, operations manager of consultative services for Standard Textile Co., to take a cue from popular television program and embark on "Extreme Makeover: Linen System Edition" when inventory control is lacking in the U.S. She says that success...
- Letters to the Editor. Dano, Sven; Jensen, Ernst Lykke // Operations Research;Mar/Apr58, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p293
Presents several letters to the editor about inventory planning and management problems. Analysis of the importance of production and inventory planning in a fluctuating market; Significance of analyzing the production costs; Application of scientific methods in solving management related problems.
- Ordering and Inventory Policies for Step Changes in the Unit Item Cost: A Discounted Cash Flow Approach. Grubbström, Robert W.; Kingsman, Brian G. // Management Science;Feb2004, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p253
This paper considers the problem of determining the optimal ordering quantities of a purchased item where there are step changes in price, either up or down. Other costs incurred include ordering costs associated with each replenishment and holding costs related to capital tied up in inventory...
- Costs, Prices and Results' Management: A Study Conducted in Fruit Canning Companies Located in Rio Grande do Sul State, Brazil. Braga, Alexandre Vieira; Souza, Marcos Antônio; Kronbauer, Clóvis; Braga, Daniele Gonçalves // International Business Research;Mar2012, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p58
This study aims to examine issues related to the management of inventory, working capital, pricing process and costs in companies operating in the fruit canning segment in the Brazilian state of Rio Grande do Sul. The researched management practices have often been addressed in literature as...