Alcoa Wheel observes 60-year anniversary
- Alcoa recalls forged aluminum light truck wheels. Stephenson, Stan // Automotive Body Repair News;Aug2003 Supplement, Vol. 42, p16
Reports on the recall of the forged aluminum wheels made by the automobile firm Alcoa Wheel and Forged Products in the U.S. Manufacturing date of the wheels; Wheels included in the recall; Contact information.
- ALCOA AERO INTROS FORGED DOOR STRUCTURE. // Forging;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p6
Reports on Alcoa Aerospace' forged aluminum door skeleton. Features of the forged aluminum door; Application of aluminum door; Alloys used and processes involved in the production of aluminum door.
- ALCOA FORGED WHEELS PARTNERS WITH SHELBY AUTOMOBILES. // Forging;Nov/Dec2007, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p8
The article focuses on the partnership between Alcoa Inc. and Shelby Automotives Inc. in the U.S. According to the author, Alcoa will be the provider of forged aluminum wheels with Dura-Bright technology surface treatment to Shelby's 2008 Mustang King of the Road (KR) and Super Snake models....
- Alcoa Classics sport a higher load rating. // Refrigerated Transporter;Nov2004, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p62
Reports on the family of wheels called Alcoa Classics launched by Alcoa Wheel and Forged Products to replace standard round hand hole aluminum wheels for medium- and heavy-duty trucking applications.
- BRIEFS. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Jan2007, Vol. 165 Issue 1, p21
The article offers news briefs from materials science industry in the U.S. Alcan Inc., Montreal, Canada, will acquire Penske Composites LLC, a manufacturer of urethane core materials. Alcoa Wheel Products, Cleveland, Ohio, had signed a deal to extend the agreement to supply forged aluminum truck...
- New Alcoa wheel in production. // Refrigerated Transporter;May2005, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p36
The article reports that wheels manufacturer Alcoa Wheel Products has begun production on Alcoa Classis wheels to replace its most popular round hand hole aluminum wheel design for medium and heavy-duty applications. Alcoa Classic wheels have a concave face that enhances the polished surface.
- CalcuLighter compares data on aluminum, steel wheels. // Bulk Transporter;Oct2009, Vol. 72 Issue 4, p46
The article reports on the introduction of the online tool CalcuLighter by Alcoa Wheel and Transportation Products intended for truck fleet and owner-operators in the U.S. It notes that CalcuLighter offers exact financial data comparing steel and aluminum wheel alternatives. It mentions that...
- ALCOA, KOBE BEGIN JOINT R&d ON ALUMINUM FORGING. // Forging;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the plans of Alcoa Inc. and Kobe Steel Ltd. to begin research and development on aluminum forgings in the U.S. Expansion of the research and development cooperation; Expectations of the companies for the outcome of partnership; Details on the joint venture arrangement.
- Newest specs available for Alcoa forged aluminum bus wheels. // Fleet Equipment;Apr97, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p148
Announces the availability of specifications for the growing line of Alcoa one-piece forged aluminum wheels for buses developed by Alcoa Wheel Products International. Specification additions; Advantages of the Alcoa system.