- LEGAL COUNSEL. Crofts, Pauline // People Management;6/2/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p63
Presents an overview of the 2005 Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) Annual Employment Law Conference in London, England. Launch of the survey "Employment and the Law," produced by CIPD in association with law firm Lovells; Panel discussion on age and pensions; Legal update...
- Make ageism a thing of the past. Worman, Dianah // People Management;3/8/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p63
Provides information on ageism and the occurrence of age discrimination in British employment. Survey of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development on the issue; Factors considered by management in recruiting employees; Proposed legislation concerning age diversity.
- An agenda on ageism. Crofts, Pauline // People Management;1/24/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p53
Provides information on a convention sponsored by the Employers' Forum on Age and the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, on January 30, 2002, about labor and ageism.
- Martin v Parkam Foods Limited. // Employers Law;Nov2006, p10
The article offers information on the case Martin V Parkam Food Limited which deals with sexual orientation discrimination. Martin succeeded in claims against his employer for direct discrimination, harassment and constructive dismissal under the Employment Equality (Sexual Orientation)...
- What Does It Take? Strayhorne, Charlotte // Echo Magazine;6/24/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 21, p30
The article focuses on Mauricia Grant's lawsuit filed against NASCAR for alleged racial discrimination and sexual harassment. The author wonders what if the only issue were Grant's sexual orientation and what if the terms of the insults were changed to be directed at her sexual orientation. The...
- Tackling age discrimination already a priority. Berry, Mike // Personnel Today;12/6/2005, p1
The article presents information on age-based discriminatory recruitment practices by employers and Human Resource (HR) managers, based on a survey and a report. A survey of more than 2,000 HR practitioners and managers jointly published by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development...
- CIPD calls for extra duties to be part of new equality bill. Berry, Mike // Personnel Today;9/11/2007, p4
The article focuses on a proposal of the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development (CIPD) of Great Britain. According to CIPD, the three existing public sector equality duties should be replaced by an overarching single duty that also includes age, sexual orientation and religion. The...
- Ohio Lawmakers seek sexual orientation protections. // Gay & Lesbian Times;3/20/2008, Issue 1056, p18
The article reports that Ohio lawmakers have sought sexual orientation protection against discrimination in the workplace.
- State Senate committee kills anti-gay bill. CHAITMAN, STEVEN // Windy City Times;3/10/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p9
The article reports on the rejection of an Illinois Senate draft bill allowing religious organizations and affiliated nonprofits to discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation in their hiring practices, on March 2, 2010.