Top tips on how to handle a data security breach
- CAN WE WEATHER The CYBER Superstorms? ULSCH, MacDONNELL // HS Today;Feb2014, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p20
The article reports on the expected rise of cyber attacks in 2014. Topics discussed include the factors that contribute to the rise of cybercrimes, the reasons why regulations are ineffective in battling data security breaches and the efforts taken by governments and organizations in ensuring...
- Harvard Business Review highlights 'the danger from within'. // IQ: The RIM Quarterly;Feb2015, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p5
The article focuses on internal threats to corporate and government networks and sensitive digital files as highlighted in the September 2014 issue of "Harvard Business Review." It describes the volume of insider attacks each year in the U.S., cost of these attacks and safeguards to...
- Data Breaching Now Its Own Industry. HADLEY, ROBERT // Lane Report;Dec2015, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p34
The article discusses the threat posed by data breaching for businesses in Kentucky, along with the significant role of infrastructure, software, and people in protecting business operation from cyberthreats.
- Keeping to ourselves. Paonita, Anthony // Inside Counsel (SyndiGate Media Inc.);1/4/2016, p4
An introduction to articles published within the issue is presented, including discussions of data privacy and breaches, and articles on how businesses and their legal department should approach data privacy and protect the privacy of their clients, vendors and customers.
- These goofs will make your mistakes seem minor. Altom, Tim // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/22/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 43, p24
The article focuses on data related to hacking listed by Dataloss DB. It is indicated that 8 million records lost to hackers from Best Western in August 2008, 47 million lost to hackers in January 2007 from TJX Cos. Inc. and 40 million to hackers in 2005. Many more losses were because of...
- Protecting privacy. // Waste & Recycling News;4/18/2011, Vol. 16 Issue 25, p0008
The article offers information on the theft of confidential data of residents by scam artists from scrapped computers in New Jersey.
- System hacks are now a fact of corporate life. ZOLKOS, RODD // Business Insurance;7/4/2011, Vol. 45 Issue 27, p6
The author looks at the increasing number of companies and organizations in the U.S. that are affected by data breaches and other forms of system hacks.
- The Receiving End. Wolfe, Daniel // American Banker;8/17/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 127, p5
Brief information is given about a data security failure at online storefront for stolen data mn0g0.su which was caused by the site itself and was reported on the blog Krebs on Security.
- Some insightful numbers. // NZ Business + Management;Nov2015, Vol. 29 Issue 10, pM4
The article presents statistics based on the Global State of Information Security Survey 2016 including the percentage of New Zealand respondents who saw their brand compromised, the percentage of organisations that have experienced a security incident, and the percentage of security strategy...