Some like it HOT
- Downshifters. Laabs, Jennifer J. // Personnel Journal;Mar96, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p62
Focuses on a new breed of workers in the United States referred to as downshifters. Characteristic traits of downshifters; Downshifting for human resource professionals; Factors contributing to the formation of downshifters in the labor force; Types; Shift in a balanced-life focus; Quality...
- Flex-Time Tests Begun in Streak Looking Smart. Eljas, Miriam // American Banker;2/22/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 36, p2
Reports on benefits derived by banks in the United States from offering flexible working hours to their employees. Use of flexitime and compressed workweeks to boost productivity and morale and reduce turnover; J.P. Morgan Chase's development of an online tool that will draw from its...
- out box opinion. // Employee Benefits;Nov2003, p74
Comments on issues concerning flexible benefits. Influence of flexible working in creating a more transparent and fairer workplace; Cultural benefits of flexible working.
- Flexible rights may be extended. // People Management;11/6/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 22, p16
Focuses on the interest of the majority of employers in Great Britain in extending flexible working rights to all employees according to a survey from the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development and law firm Lovells. Responses to the compliance with flexible working rights for parents;...
- Avoiding costly turnover. Mandell, Mel // World Trade;May98, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p99
Suggests ways to help retain present employees and attract future ones. Flexible hours; Effective benefits; Child-care facility.
- hot-desking. // Bloomsbury Business Library - Business & Management Dictionary;2007, p3674
A definition of the term "hot-desking" is presented. It refers to a flexible working practice enabling employees to occupy any vacant workspace instead of sitting at a permanent personalized desk.
- Put you money where your mouth is. Dreyfack, Raymond // Plant Engineering;Jan2004, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p16
Focuses on testing a New England manufacturing plant's policy of caring and compassionate human relations by employee Alice Daly. Request of flexible schedule; Refusal of her supervisor to grant her request; Response of plant engineer Bob Burnside.
- How to manage employees on alternative schedules. // Management Review;Aug84, Vol. 73 Issue 8, p6
Discusses the management of employees on alternative schedules. Flexible working hours; Work sharing; Temporaries.
- Formalized Flextime: The Perk That Brings Productivity. Gale, Sarah Fister // Workforce;Feb2001, Vol. 80 Issue 2, p38
States that companies are implementing formal policies for flexible scheduling of employees. Computer software on flexible time scheduling; Benefit of flexible scheduling; Policy of PricewaterCoopers company on flexible schedule. INSET: Experts share wisdom, experience in launching flex programs.