Partnership working is key to improving graduate skills
- The development of alphabet soup: looking at PPD, PDP and WBL in Higher Education business. WOODWARD, RUSSELL; PEARSON, AMY // Teaching Business & Economics;Summer2013, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p28
The article looks at the importance of personal development planning (PDP), personal and professional development (PPD), and work based learning (WBL) in business management students. The Dearing Report indicated that higher education (HE) institutions should develop progress files with students...
- Career Development For Native People. Stanley, L. C. // SAY Magazine;Back To School 2015, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p8
The article discusses the career challenges facing North American Native people and their potential to succeed in a work environment, including their lack of soft skills and specific work skills, systemic barriers, and social and life skills that are lacking in children of poor parents.
- Controlled Explosion. CAMPBELL, GRANT; BELTON, DANIEL // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Oct2016, Issue 904, p32
The article argues on the need of degree curricula of chemical engineering university to reflect to new challenges and skill requirements and to provide careers prospect for graduates. Topics include the challenges of Great Britain-based higher education provider to implement a teaching method,...
- Selling Yourself. Seaman, David // Sales & Service Excellence;Apr2009, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p15
The author reflects on how to take a proactive approach in selling oneself. He claims that hoping for things should be halted and people should use active phrases when speaking in order to condition the mind. He mentions how some people became successful by being proactive in making career...
- "Straight Up" Works Best for Martinis--Not
Rï¿½sumï¿½s. Danziger, Karen // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Sep2004, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p44
Discusses the significance of a lateral career movement in diversifying the skill set and knowledge base. Option for making a career move; Advantages of moving from company to company; Advice on convincing an employer about the importance of combined experiences of an applicant.
- taking a sabbatical. Causon, Jo // Personnel Today;11/11/2008, p33
The article presents questions and answers related to the career development, including how to take a six-month sabbatical to do voluntary work abroad, how to persuade employers to give permission to go, and how to maintain the skills and industry knowledge while away.
- Career Contentment: A Guide for Recent Graduates. Herta, Stephen // Fort Worth Business Press;4/29/2013, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p2
The article offers suggestions for graduates regarding career development and job opportunities. It mentions that diversifying job options provides more chances to get a job and also mentions that a candidate must sent his or her resume to single one company they want to work for. It reveals...
- Don't Be Afraid to Ask Questions. DARPINO, LT. GEN. FLORA // Student Lawyer;Nov/Dec2015, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p6
In this article, the author reflects on asking questions to experienced people for career development. Topics discussed include understanding and embracing the limitations of experience shortfalls, showing interests of being a part of team and developing professional skills, and show the...
- The Employment of Graduates of Russian Higher Educational Institutions. Pugach, V. F.; Federovna, E. A. // Russian Education & Society;Nov2012, Vol. 54 Issue 11, p80
Data on patterns of employment for graduates of Russian higher educational institutions show the extent to which the Soviet system of education-to-work practices is to a large extent still operating. Universities need to be more flexible in designing specialties of study that fit the profiles...