Academy builds up United House
- Manufacturing academy blasts off. // Training & Coaching Today;Feb2007, p5
The article reports on the launch of the National Skills Academy for Manufacturing by trade and industry secretary Alistair Darling based in Birmingham, England, aimed at raising manufacturing skills. The academy will design, co-ordinate and direct manufacturing training in England. Any college...
- That's Right. Thirty-Six Hours. Jiménez, Diana; Shaw, Diane // California English;Nov2009, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p25
The authors describe the 2009 University of California (UC) Merced Migrant Summer Young Writers Academy. The academy challenges middle and high school migrant students to complete their assignment within 35 hours. A brief outline of the writing curriculum in the academy is offered. The process...
- Support function. Chapman, Rhiannon // People Management;12/04/97, Vol. 3 Issue 24, p28
Describes the part which the author plays as she combined coaching and mentoring with specialist advice on personnel issues. Professionals who have access to the latest expertise and advice from the professional firms that many of them came from; Supports that employees can get from within the...
- Group mentoring solves personality conflicts. Flynn, Gillian // Personnel Journal;Aug95, Vol. 74 Issue 8, p22
Reports on the growing popularity of group mentoring among companies. Advantages of group mentoring over individual mentoring.
- Mentoring programs becoming a necessity as work force ages. Sitterly, Connie // Fort Worth Business Press;02/25/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 44, p17
Discusses how a mentoring relationship can be mutually rewarding and beneficial process. Qualities that proteges should possess; Pitfalls and vulnerabilities of the process.
- CREATE A MENTORING PROGRAM. Goldsmith, Barton; Landolt, Sara Cox; Sweeney, Theresa // Credit Union Management;Nov2001, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p6
Provides tips on creating a company mentoring program. Objective; Steps; Importance of understanding mentoring relationship.
- THE GEORGIA ACADEMY OF SCIENCE. // Georgia Journal of Science;2013, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p139
The article offers information on the Georgia Academy of Science. It notes that the academy, which was organized in 1992, is affiliated with the American Association for the Advancement of Science. It adds that the academy is composed of residents and non-residents of Georgia who are engaged in...
- CONTRIBUÅ¢IILE PROFESORULUI VINTILÄ‚ DONGOROZ LA DEZVOLTAREA DREPTULUI PENAL ROMÃ‚N. ANTONIU, George // Romanian Penal Law Review;Jul-Sep2013, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p9
The author analyzes in detail some of the Professor VintilÄƒ Dongoroz's theses, expressed especially in the second period of his scientific activity, held at The Legal Research Institute of Romanian Academy.
- Wall-to-Wall Career Academies. Mosley, Chaney; Flatt, Beverley // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;Sep2014, Vol. 89 Issue 6, p34
The article focuses on the steps taken by officials from Nashville, Tennessee to enhance career and technical education academies. Topics discussed include petition filed by principals from high schools in Metro Nashville Public Schools (MNPS) on the district to apply for federal small learning...