VIEW OF UK'S BEST BOSS
- Have I got a job for you! Wang, Jennifer // Entrepreneur;Nov2009, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p24
The article provides an answer to a question on how to poach employees from their former employer.
- A Guide To Flexible Workplaces. Maurer, Roy // HR Magazine;May2011, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p81
The article reports on the release of the "2011 Guide to Bold New Ideas for Making Work Work," by the Families and Work Institute (FWI) and the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) in March 2011.
- Will HR be about strategic partnership or operational support in 2028? Thomson, Peter // Personnel Today;2/26/2008, p12
The author reflects on the issue on how the human resources (HR) function adopts different ways of leading, motivating and rewarding the new generation in Great Britain. He thinks that getting the best match between people's motivation to work and the environment presented by their employer has...
- Work/Life Issues Top Employers' `To-Do' Lists. Vincola, Ann // OfficePro;Apr2000, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p7
Enumerates several trends in the issue of work/life balance. Role of work/life in recruitment and retention strategies; Why companies are adopting a social conscience; Reason for the need to focus on the work rather than the job.
- The Most Overlooked Way of Stimulating Team Creativity. Levirne, Jake // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;5/15/2015, p2
The article discusses how discomfort can contribute to long-term inspiration among employees and suggests ways to foster creative discomfort including starting with communication, getting everyone involved, and being creative.
- THINKING TOOLS. Carter, Debbie // Training Journal;Sep2008, p71
The article discusses the workplace exercises which emphasize the importance of recognizing values in the creative process. The first exercise focuses on five random words which will be grouped according to which is more dominant and explain the reason for the groupings. The second one relates...
- TALKING ABOUT MY GENERATION. Penttila, Chris // Entrepreneur;Mar2009, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p53
The article focuses on the problems when younger employees are working alongside with older employees at the same team in the U.S. One of the many challenges facing entrepreneurs with multigenerational workforces is when such workers are working together. Older employees wan to know that they...
- dealing with difficult people and tricky situations at work. Davies, Janice // Human Resources Magazine;Oct/Nov2008, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p24
The article presents critical areas that can educate people in understanding difficult people and tricky situations at work. It mentions that it is important to learn about personality types and one must understand his or her self first. The roles people play in relationships like as a parent,...
- Too much of a good thing? Difficulties with workplace friendships. Morrison, Rachel; Nolan, Terry // University of Auckland Business Review;Spring2007, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p33
The article explores the difficulties that arises from having close friends in the workplace. It was believed that friendship at work can provide support and sociability and a friendly workplace is generally linked with positive organizational outcomes. However, social relations can entail costs...