- Having 'courageous conversations'. // Nursing Older People;Jun2007, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p32
A quiz related to an article on community matrons and conversation is presented.
- THE STRUGGLE FOR CONTROL IN HEALTH CARE SETTINGS: Political Implications of Language Use. Coleman Jr., William E. // ETC: A Review of General Semantics;Winter1983, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p401
Offers a look at the semantic environment created by health care professionals in the U.S. in order to discern its significance to the healing process. Illustration of a conversation between a nurse and doctor in health care settings; Examination on how these semantic environment created...
- The Kindness of Strangers: Receiving Spiritual Care from Someone of a Different Faith--and Giving It. MABRY, JOHN R. // Spirituality & Health;Mar/Apr2015, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p26
The author shares his reflections on giving and receiving spiritual care. Topics discussed include the challenges of living in a multicultural and multireligious community, the spiritual maturity of caregiver, and the same human needs, feelings and aspirations of both the caregiver and the...
- Familial Obligation: Issues for the 1990s. Stone, Robyn // Generations;Summer/Fall91, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p47
Focuses on the growth of family caregiving in the United States as of 1991. Strategies designed to support family caregivers; Debate over the effectiveness of different approaches to sustaining the informal care system; Interaction between informal and formal care systems.
- A multidemensional and contextual framework for understanding diverse family members' roles in... Dupuis, Sherry L.; Norris, Joan E. // Journal of Aging Studies;Winter97, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p297
Presents a study which examined caregiving roles of family members in long-term care institutions and how these roles are developed. Description of Litwak's framework; Presentation of Hughes' contextual framework for understanding the roles of family members; Interpersonal factors which shape...
- How to check a caregiver's references. Kruger, Pamela // Parenting;Oct97, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p70
Gives information on how to check a caregiver references. Information on questions to ask; How to listen to the tone of voice and read between the lines; Details on how to frame sensitive questions; Details on tracking down past employers.
- Who will care? Leonard, Frances // Second Opinion;Oct93, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p34
Responds to the article `Women and the Work of Caring' by Debbie Ward. Statement that aside from the kin caregivers, paid personal caregivers are also part in an abusive situation; Underpayment; Lack of job security; Religion's potential in facilitating exploitation; Profile of a paid caregiver.
- Families find unity volunteering together. Gardner, Marilyn // Christian Science Monitor;11/9/95, Vol. 87 Issue 242, p1
Reports on family volunteering and its role in community charity. Inefficiency of governmental initiative regarding community charity; Emerging trend of family volunteerism; Experiences of those involved; Advantages of the program; Activities involved; Inter and intra-family socialization...
- The sandwich generation. Linder, Joan H. // Secretary;Mar95, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p3
Offers advice on caregiving. Difficulty for a parent to accept a child as caregiver; Preventing family conflict; Enhancing management skills.