- Guzzling from the Public Trough. Moody, John // Business Mexico;Aug2004, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p64
Comments on the employees in government service in Mexico. Salaries received by government officials; Comparison of the job between the private and public sector; Worries about the possibility of dangerous populism.
- Comparing Public and Private Sector Pay in Ireland: Size Matters. Kelly, Elish; McGuinness, Seamus; O'Connell, Philip // Quarterly Economic Commentary;Winter2012, p53
The article focuses on organisational size as a significant factor with regard to estimates of the gap between the wages of public and private sector workers in Ireland. It discusses the findings of a recent analysis of the public-private sector pay differential in the country that was published...
- CAREER STAT. // People Management;11/11/2010, p45
Statistics on the percentage of the public-sector staff who would consider moving to the private sector but feel lack of appropriate skills, and on proportion of 500 candidates who said money remained the most important factor in choosing a new job are presented.
- Real Wage Growth Remains Within Negative Territory. // Latin America Monitor: Mexico Monitor;Sep2009, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p5
The article reports on the decline of contractual wage growth in Mexico from 4.6% year-on-year (y-o-y) in May 2009 to 4.1% y-o-y in June, attributed to private sector wage growth decline. On the other hand, the drop in private sector wages from 4.5% to 4.0% was in contrast to public sector...
- Public-private sector wage differentials in Germany: Evidence from quantile regression. Melly, Blaise // Empirical Economics;Sep2005, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p505
This paper measures and decomposes the differences in earnings distributions between public sector and private sector employees in Germany for the years 1984â€“2001. Oaxaca decomposition results suggest that conditional wages are higher in the public sector for women but lower for men....
- CAREER VIEW. Lamb, Sue // Occupational Health;Sep2004, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p34
Answers several questions on occupational health in Great Britain. Qualifications needed in occupational health; Presence of regional varieties of salaries; Average pay scales; Comparison of private and public sector roles.
- Wage board: The solution to reining in public sector compensation. Karabegovic, Amela; Palacios, Milagros // Fraser Forum;Mar/Apr2012, p18
The article focuses on public sector compensation in Ontario, which the government is planning to reduce to deal with budget deficits. It states that workers of public sector enjoy a significant wage premium and average wage difference between public and private sector employees is 40 percent....
- Study: Local, state government worker salaries trail private sector. // American City & County Exclusive Insight;9/26/2011, p1
The article highlights a report released by Center for State and Local Government Excellence (CSLGE) on the salaries of workers in local and state government in the U.S. The report mentioned the gap in salaries and retirement benefits received by workers in the private and public sectors. Total...
- PRIVATE ACUTE HOSPITALS. // Nurses' Paycheck;Dec2014-Feb2015, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p37
No abstract available.