How I made a difference at work
- A Tactic for Change. Clay, Maria C.; Clay, Thomas H. // Training & Development Journal;Feb85, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p75
Details the reframing tactic for organizational development. Getting the person to view the problem from a different perspective; Bypassing conscious resistance by stimulating unconscious memories and associations; Considerable thought and preparation needed for a suitable reframing.
- Leading Change. Levine, Stuart R. // Executive Excellence;Jul2000, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p9
Focuses on the principles of a successful transition in organizations. Definition of an edu-leader; Identification of core values within the organization; Shift from a chaos-driven to a process-driven principle; Importance of information sharing; Emphasis on teamwork in organization change.
- Suturing and Organization. // Physician Executive;Nov/Dec2001, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p57
Focuses on the adjustments needed to cope with organizational changes in the United States. Tools of healing to strengthen bonds within the organization; Recognition of the trauma; Involvement of the people who are affected.
- The Management of Change: Preparing For Automation. Cowen, Sandra; Rummler, Geary A. // Training & Development Journal;May74, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p42
Provides guidelines for human engineers who must manage changes in people systems. Finding that training is only one element in a total systems approach to changing behavior; Failure to consider employees as part of the system; Demonstration of how people can be dealt with as rationally as a...
- Healing the wounds. Noer, David M. // Secretary;Feb95, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p19
Presents a comprehensive examination of the emerging organizational epidemic of `layoff survivor sickness,' excerpted from `Business Book Review.' Symptoms of survivor sickness; Paradigm shifts; Experience of layoff survivors; Interventions for the survival of the organization; Steps for...
- New leadership. Bennis // Executive Excellence;Nov99, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p7
Calls for a change in organizational leadership. Demerits of top-down leadership which is based on the myth of the triumphant individual; Recurrence of the top-down tendency throughout history; Evolutions of organizations resulting to changes in the alliance between leaders and followers.
- NETWATCH. Carroll, Jim // CA Magazine;Nov2001, Vol. 134 Issue 9, p11
Focuses on the effect of the Internet and business change on the accounting practice and organizational behavior (OB). Concept of OB; Impact of the computer revolution on the practice.
- Organization Development. Huse, Edgar H. // Personnel & Guidance Journal;Mar78, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p403
Discusses organization development (OD), the application of behavioral science knowledge to enhance an organization's effectiveness and efficiency. Evolution of OD; Basic component of an OD program; Classification of OD interventions.
- Manifestations of organizationalculture basedon the example of estonian organizations. Reino, Anne // Baltic Journal of Economics;Spring2010, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p85
The article offers information on the dissertation of organizational culture based on the example of organizations in Estonia. The organizational culture helps on the explanation of the effect and meaning of the organization and has been considered a powerful force that determines the...