- Vivian v Bournemouth Borough Council. Benson, Claire; Corbett, Helen; Jones, Sinead; Ward, Helen; O'Neil, Tori // Employers Law;Jun2011, p7
The article discusses a court case wherein the tribunal found there was a protected disclosure made by the claimant but it could have been made within the three-month period of the grievance process. In the case Vivian v Bournemouth Borough Council, the plaintiff filed a formal complaint against...
- TRIBUNAL ROUND-UP. // Employers Law;Nov2013, p6
The article reports on various complains and litigations filed at the employment tribunal in Great Britain. In "Austin v West Sussex County Council," the plaintiff resigned from West Sussex County Council over the way that it handled a complaint of sexual harassment made against him. Another...
- news digest. // Employers Law;Jun2010, p4
This section offers British news briefs on employers law. The Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD) has asked the European Commission to scrap the Working Time Regulations (WTR) after reports that employers named the law as the most obstructive in their business. The Financial...
- employment law timetable. // Employers Law;Mar/Apr2010, p4
The article discusses enacted and soon-to-be enacted labor laws in Great Britain as of March 2010, including the statutory right to request for time off for study or training and replacement of the sick note with a fit note.
- CONSULTATION WATCH. // Employers Law;Mar/Apr2010, p5
This section presents news briefs related to public consultation on labor laws in Great Britain as of March 2010 which includes the government's consultation on travel and subsistence scheme arrangements for temporary workers and the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills' consultation...
- Final amendments made to Agency Workers Regulations. // Employers Law;Sep2011, p5
The article reports that the British government has published the amendments to the Agency Workers Regulations 2010 for implementation on October 1, 2011.
- New job law unveiled. // Recruiter;2/9/2011, p11
The article reports on the implementation of the new labor law in Great Britain, which is the Employer's Charter, to give employers more confidence to hire staff.
- Pointless piece of protection. MARTIN, STEFAN // Recruiter;Nov2012, p18
The article discusses the efficacy of the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR) in Great Britain.
- legal calendar. // Employers Law;Dec2013/Jan2014, p27
A calendar of events concerning British labor law for December 2013-October 2014 is presented, including effectivity of Police Act 1997 Regulations 2013, changes to Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006 and regulation freeze for businesses with less than 50 workers.