- Teachers: pay rise or strike. // Education (14637073);4/5/2002, Issue 51, pN.PAG
Reports on an authority given by members of the National Union of Teachers (NUT) to the union to take industrial action if their demands for a salary increase for teachers are not met through a votation in a conference at Bournemouth, England. Threats of a strike by teachers at the NUT...
- NUT strike closes nurseries. Vevers, Simon // Nursery World (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);5/1/2008, Vol. 108 Issue 4118, p8
This article reports on the impact of a strike staged by the National Union of Teachers (NUT) on nurseries in Great Britain in 2008. The strike resulted in the closures of schools and some nurseries across England and Wales. Acting NUT general secretary Christine Blower explains the reasons for...
- Teachers vote to strike, inspectors may do the same. // Education (14637073);4/4/2008, Issue 307, p2
This article reports on the decision of members of the National Union of Teachers (NUT) in Great Britain in favor of a strike over pay. The strike will take place on April 24, 2008. The purpose of the strike is to push for an increase in the proposed pay rise for fiscal 2008. According to Steve...
- `Stop whingeing', LGA tells teachers. McHale, Maria // Public Finance;04/28/2000, p7
Focuses on Local Government Association (LGA) Education Chairman Graham Lane's reaction to the successful vote by the National Union of Teachers (NUT) to ballot for strike action over performance pay. Position adopted by the LGA regarding performance pay; Flaws in the arguments raised by the...
- Tentative agreement ends strike in E. St. Louis. Ponessa, Jeanne // Education Week;9/11/96, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p3
Reports that teachers in East Saint Louis, Illinois, ended a walkout in September 1996 after reaching a tentative agreement in a dispute over a pay raise. Closure of schools from September 3 to 5; Compensation for concessions.
- Teachers Walk Out In Billings, Mont. Blair, Julie // Education Week;11/20/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p4
Reports that teachers in Billings, Montana were on strike due to a dispute over a contract to replace an agreement related to health care benefits and teacher salaries.
- NSW teachers' strike cancelled by union. Messimeris, Vivian // Green Left Weekly;1/28/2009, Issue 780, p4
The article reports on the 48-hour strike planned by the New South Wales Teachers Federation (NSWTF) regarding the dispute on salaries and the abolition of the staffing transfer system which was cancelled when the NSW Department of Education and Training (DET) reached an agreement with NSWTF.
- Strikes Hit Two Washington State Districts. Ahmad, Nashiah // Education Week;9/18/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p3
Reports that teachers in two school districts in Washington state went on strike on September 4, 2002, because of dissatisfaction with their compensation. Districts where teachers are working under the terms of expired contracts and are scheduled to take strike votes by the end of September;...
- Queensland teachers to strike. Crook, Mike // Green Left Weekly;5/20/2009, Issue 795, p5
The article reports that school teachers in Queensland will conduct a one-day strike on May 19, 2009 against the government's pay offer for teachers which still makes them the lowest paid in Australia.