Plan ahead to defuse the 'demographic timebomb.'
- It Pays to Be Flexible at Work. Wynn, Alison // Diversity Executive;May/Jun2014, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p40
The article discusses the importance of flexibility programs in boosting worker productivity, talent, and satisfaction. Topics discussed include the comparison between work redesign and special accommodations in providing flexible work options, the role of performance management in selecting...
- The talent crunch. Krinks, Philip; Strack, Rainer // People Management;6/26/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 13, p30
The article talks about the ways the human resources (HR) sector manage talent in response to a shortage of labor. A survey from the Boston Consulting Group and World Federation of Personnel Management Associations show that the challenges for companies in talent management involve developing...
- La retenciÃ³n de empleados eficientes: importancia estratÃ©gica de la fidelizaciÃ³n de los empleados. Codina, Barragán; Villarreal, José; Jorge Castillo; Rodríguez, Pablo Guerra // Revista Daena (International Journal of Good Conscience);2009, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p145
In just every organization the task for retain excellent employees is a major consuming one. Organization has to come to realize that retain good employees is a strategic task that involves the human appreciation from the higher levels. It is uncommon to know what is the organization that...
- Why We Work. // Review of Ophthalmology;Dec2000, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p15
Looks at factors that contribute to employee retention. Role of salary and benefits; Job satisfaction; Life interests of employees.
- Tips for Attracting and Retaining Talent. MRI Worldwide China Group // China Business Review;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p28
Offers tips on attracting and retaining qualified professionals in China. Communication of company vision by employers to employees; Development of an employer brand; Establishment of leadership development programs.
- FEATURES IN THIS ISSUES. // People Management;2/23/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p25
Articles and topics featured in the February 23, 2006 issue of the periodical "People Management" are explored. The article "A Ray of Sunlight," focused on employee retention. The article "Chasing Promotion," focused on the Football Association in Great Britain. The article "Fuelling the Fire,"...
- Too Legit to Quit. Kneiszel, Judy // PRO: Portable Restroom Operator;Oct2015, p12
The article provides some tips for employers on how to retain their best employees including paying attention to their job satisfaction, treating them well, and keeping track of their accomplishments and mistakes.
- To conquer turnover, first calculate its true impact. // HR Specialist;May2015-Special Edition, p8
The article offers suggestions for retention of employees and calculation of its effect to the company.
- A No-Layoffs Policy Can Work, Even in an Unpredictable Economy. Van Gorder, Chris // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;1/26/2015, p2
The author discusses the viability of a no-layoffs policy even in an unstable economy based on the experience of his nonprofit company which believes that the policy is good for employees' physical and psychological health and can be supported by a preference for insiders and serious accountability.