Â«Poderoso caballero es don dineroÂ»: Juan Ruiz y Quevedo a la luz de un tema convergente
- Francisco de Quevedo o el saludable asedio perpetuo. Arranz, David Felipe; Rivas, José Luis // La Perinola;2008, Issue 12, p11
No abstract available.
- Letrilla satirica. Quevedo, Francisco de // Modern Spanish Lyrics;1/1/1913, p54
Presents the poem "Letrilla satirica," by Francisco de Quevedo. First Line: Poderoso caballero; Last Line: Es don Dinero.
- Sonnet (Death-warnings). Quevedo y Villegas, Francisco Gomez de // Collected Classic Poems, Pope to Sterling;2012, p1
The poem "Sonnet (Death-warnings)," by Francisco Gomez de Quevedo y Villegas is presented. First Line: I saw the ramparts of my native land, Last Line: That was not a reminder of the end.
- Epistola satirica y censoria. Quevedo, Francisco de // Modern Spanish Lyrics;1/1/1913, p53
Presents the poem "Epistola satirica y censoria," by Francisco de Quevedo. First Line: No he de callar, por mÃ¡s que con el dedo, Last Line: Ni de los dos alguno fuÃ© primero.
- Swallowing Mosquitoes, Wine, and Supplement with Quevedo. Gardner, John // Rocky Mountain Review of Language & Literature;2006, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p11
In Quevedo's sonnet #531 the mosquito functions as a supplement, disrupting the perfection of the wine and the formal order of the poem, transgressing the strict thematic divisions in the work. Through metaphor, vocabulary, and neologism, the mosquito is portrayed as one link in a potentially...
- HerÃ¡clito cristiano: la construcciÃ³n del arrependmiento. Gallego Zarzosa, Alicia // La Perinola;2009, Issue 13, p249
"HerÃ¡clito Cristiano" has very often been regarded as a sincere, even autobiographical, religious repentance book of poems. Nevertheless, an analysis on the structure of this group of poems can lead us to the idea of a more deliberate and meaningfully artistic composition of it. Besides, a...
- Un paisaje de la literatura carcelaria: San Marcos de LeÃ³n en la obra de Quevedo. Matas Caballero, Juan // La Perinola;2009, Issue 13, p281
Francisco de Quevedo revealed his hard experience suffered in San Marcos de LeÃ³n in his epistolary. In these letters, the poet showed his most intimate and personal vision of this affliction. The result was a composition between the biography literature and truth. This is a kind of literature...
- Sobre una imagen de Quevedo: las urnas sobre las aras (Â«Epistola satÃirica y censoriaÂ», vv. 29-30). Moreno Castillo, Enrique // La Perinola;2009, Issue 13, p299
The aim of this paper is to clarify the meaning of a couple of lines in Quevedo's Â«EpÃstola satÃrica y censoriaÂ»: Â«la vista por dos unÃas derramada / sobre las aras de las dos CastillasÂ» (vv. 29-30). With this in mind, the symbolic meaning of both Â«urnsÂ» and...
- Torre de Juan Abad, lugar de Quevedo. Pozuelo Yvancos, José Maria // La Perinola;2009, Issue 13, p327
This paper proves that Quevedo considered the village of Torre de Juan Abad as his own home, as it is seen in his letters. The author examines methodically these letters to show the evolution of Quevedo's feeling towards his village since January of 1622. We find a writer stressed by the...