Harcourt Revenues Up; Says Q2 Seasonal Losses Projected
- Reed Extends Harcourt Offer. // Publishers Weekly;1/15/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 3, p17
Reports that Reed Elsevier has extended its tender offer for Hardcourt General shares until February 8, 2001. Objective of the acquisition offering.
- Net operating losses. // National Public Accountant;Dec97, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p47
Announces the reduction of carryback period to two years and the increase of the carryforward period to 20 years for taxpayers with net operating losses (NOLs) arising in tax years beginning after August 5, 1997. Key aspects of previous law.
- Q4 EDA Sales Drop 13%. Buetow, Mike // Printed Circuit Design & Manufacture;May2003, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the business losses of EDA Consortium in San Jose, California. Decline in revenues; Reduction in the sales of integrated circuits; Product and maintenance revenues of the company.
- French government bails out EMC. // Chemical Week;1/31/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 4, p8
Reports that the company Entreprise Miniere et Chimique (EMC) lost money and the French government agreed to give them 150 million francs. Information on company's loss; Brief history of EMC.
- Print profitability falls back sharply. // Printing World;9/18/2003, Vol. 283 Issue 12, p14
Reports on the declining profit of Printers in Great Britain. Decrease of print paper and packaging sector annual return on capital; Volatility of the economy.
- Abstracts. // Atlantic Economic Journal;Mar1990, Vol. 18 Issue 1, Number 1 p70
Presents an abstract of the article `The Predatory Loss,' by Allen R. Ferguson. Predatory loss as a product of predatory price reduction and output during a price war.
- Underwriting losses increased 21.6% in 1994. Farinella, Michael A. // Best's Review / Property-Casualty Insurance Edition;Dec95, Vol. 96 Issue 8, p26
States that the substantial decline in the commercial multiple-peril line, resulted from increased incurred losses and loss adjustment expenses. Money statistics; Top 20 insurers.
- JA Solar Posts FY 2009 Loss. // China Chemical Reporter;3/6/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p35
The article reports on the full year net loss of high performance solar power products manufacturer JA Solar Holdings Co. Ltd. amounting to 128.66 million renminbi in China in 2009.
- Shaking off the blahs at the media congloms. Bart, Peter // Daily Variety;1/20/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 13, p2
Discusses the factors contributing to the sales losses of business enterprises in the U.S. List of the few chains posting positive results; Reasons for the poor returns of chain stores; Plan of the Federal Communication Commission to ease limits on the number of television and radio stations...