6Ts Teaching Tips for evidence-based practitioners
- news. // Pulse;12/8/2003, Vol. 63 Issue 49, p2
Reports developments related to the medical care in Great Britain as of December 2003. Plausibility for Primecare Health Plan Inc. to lose out major out-of-hours contract; Concerns among general practitioners over its triage service; Conviction of Rakesh Patel, a general practitioner, for false...
- INSTITUTE'S MEMBERSHIP HITS THE 70,000 MARK. // Financial Management;Mar2007, p4
The article reports on the new member of Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) in Great Britain. Rakesh Patel, senior manager, forensic and dispute services of the corporate finance division has become the 70,000th member of CIMA. Patel decided to study for CIMA ten years into his...
- Identification of Problems Faced by Heads of Teacher Education Institutions in Achieving New Millennium Goals. Anjum, M. Shoaib; Iqbal, M. Zafar; Rao, Uzma // International Journal of Social Sciences & Education;Jan2012, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p30
Teacher education institutions play an important role in the personal and professional development of teachers and in the improvement of institutions. The role of head is very important in teacher education institution. The purpose of this study was to identify the problems of heads of teacher...
- Teacher-education students' views about knowledge building theory and practice. Huang-Yao Hong; Fei-Ching Chen; Ching Chai; Wen-Ching Chan // Instructional Science;Jul2011, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p467
This study investigated the effects of engaging students to collectively learn and work with knowledge in a computer-supported collaborative learning environment called Knowledge Forum on their views about knowledge building theory and practice. Participants were 24 teacher-education students...
- Inspiring Words for Educators. // Curriculum Review;Nov2004, Vol. 44 Issue 3, following p8
Presents several inspirational views for educators. Craig Dorsing, math teacher at Knolls Vista Elementary in Moses Lake, Washington; Diane Skubinna, teacher at Northview Elementary in Gladstone, Missouri; Mary Wren, 2004-2005 Montana Teacher of the Year; Tanya W. Twitchell, Pamlico County,...
- ORIENTATION OF THE BEGINNING TEACHER EDUCATION IN JAMAICA. Brown, Monica; Davies, Rose; Evans, Hyacinth; Tucker, Joan // Curriculum & Teaching Dialogue;2002, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p123
Presents a study which examined on-the-job orientation of recruited teacher-educators in Jamaica. Overview of teacher education programs offered in Jamaica; Research design used; Summary of the professional profile of teacher-educators.
- The other side of the fence. Boloz, Sigmund A. // Reading Today;Aug/Sep2003, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p18
Presents an article which described an experience of a teacher. Change perceptions on the role as an educator; Realization about teaching children.
- Return from the Tower. Warshaw, Mimi // Phi Delta Kappan;Sep86, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p67
This article provides tips for those who anticipate making the transition from being a professor of education to teaching. Expect to experience when one first started teaching. Don't expect special treatment. The rude awakening comes with the rediscovery that classroom teachers are not very...
- Teacher Unionism: Building Relevancy for the Next Decade. Rodrigue, Anne // Education Canada;Spring2000, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p21
Examines the future role of teachers' unions in Canada. Issues of internal and external relevancy; Unions' role as negotiators of contracts and benefits, and as professional associations; Teacher organizations' need to examine how they identify, communicate and respond to teacher needs.