SO WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL ABOUT PARTIAL-BIRTH ABORTION?
- The real partial-birth war. Donnelly, Sally B. // Time International (South Pacific Edition);10/20/97, Issue 42, p36
Looks at the victories that anti-abortion crusaders have won in the United States as of October 20, 1997. The overwhelming October 1997 vote in the United States House to ban partial-birth abortions; Concerns about many state laws.
- The real partial-birth war. Donnelly, Sally B. // Time;10/20/1997, Vol. 150 Issue 16, p50
Looks at the victories that antiabortion crusaders have won in the United States as of October 20, 1997. The overwhelming October 1997 vote in the US House to ban partial-birth abortions; Concerns about many state laws.
- Ohio judge kills ban on partial-birth abortions. // Christian Century;10/17/2001, Vol. 118 Issue 28, p9
Reports on the ruling of a federal judge in Ohio to ban partial-birth abortion. Basis of the judge for declaring the ban unconstitutional; Details on the case.
- Seven Senate votes needed to ban partial-birth abortions. D'Agostino, Joseph A. // Human Events;04/04/97, Vol. 53 Issue 13, p5
Asserts that pro-lifers in the US Senate may not have enough numbers to overturn President Bill Clinton's veto against the ban on partial-birth abortions. Accusations by Helen Alvare, spokesperson for the US Catholic Conference, that the pro-abortion movement committed lies; Opposition to the...
- A scam for life. // U.S. Catholic;Mar99, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p8
Reports on the claim of some telemarketers in 1998 that they were raising funds in the fight against partial-birth abortion on behalf of the American Right to Life (ARL). How ARL was not registered as a lobbying organization; Lawsuit that the National Right to life Committee filed against ARL.
- Partial-Birth Abortion Legislation: An Important Pro-Life Educational Tool. O'Bannon, Randall K. // National Right to Life News;May2007, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p1
The author reflects on some lessons from the partial-birth abortion legislation and the light it has shed on the abortion issue in the U.S. First, regardless of the method by which it is done, abortion still involves the killing of an innocent child. Second, there is a persistent danger of...
- Partial-Birth Bans Make Little Headway in States. Moore, Art // Christianity Today;04/05/99, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p18
Explores the optimism that pro-life activists in the United States (US) have on bans on partial-birth abortion. Comments from Mary Spaulding-Bach, state legislative director for the National Right to Life Committee; Information on the report of the National Abortion and Reproductive Rights...
- Strategic adjustments. GIBEAUT, JOHN // ABA Journal;Feb99, Vol. 85 Issue 2, p26
Discusses the focus of abortion opponents on the protection of the partially born. Success of abortion opponents to pass several partial-birth abortion bans; Refusal of federal judges to implement the statutes; Focus of debate on fetal rights.
- Federal judges block restrictions. // Christianity Today;04/27/98, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p15
Reports that federal courts in the United States have blocked the implementation of legislations banning partial-birth abortion. Details on the charges against 11 states; Remarks from Nik Nikas, counsel for Americans United for Life; Information on the support for partial-abortion bans.