Holy Land Pilgrimage: A Diary
- Prayers Of a Pilgrim. // Bulletin with Newsweek;04/04/2000, Vol. 118 Issue 6218, p78
Highlights Pope John Paul II's pilgrimage to the Holy Land of Jerusalem in year 2000. Places visited; Politicking that occurred during his visit; Efforts to offer a spiritual example to residents.
- Archdiocese plans cruise. Malcolm, Teresa // National Catholic Reporter;10/24/97, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p6
Reports on a four-day cruise to Cuba coinciding with Pope John Paul II's visit organized by the Miami archdiocese in Florida.
- Make Cuba plans early. // National Catholic Reporter;08/15/97, Vol. 33 Issue 36, p8
Reports that church officials in the United States have advised dioceses in the country which are planning pilgrimages to Cuba for Pope John Paul II's January 1997 visit should make plans well in advance. Reason for this advisory.
- Castro counts his blessings. Stanglin, Douglas; Robinson, Linda; Gest, Ted; Ahmad, Shaheena; Fasulo, Linda; Walsh, Kenneth T.; Geier, Thom // U.S. News & World Report;02/09/98, Vol. 124 Issue 5, p17
Reports on the economic aspects of Pope John Paul II's visit to Cuba. The total profits made from the influx of journalists and pilgrims as far greater than hoped; Where most of the money came from.
- Exiles plan to see pope. Malcolm, Teresa // National Catholic Reporter;10/17/97, Vol. 33 Issue 44, p6
Reports on the plan of Cuban exiles in the United States to take a flotilla of small boats to Havana, Cuba in January 1998 during Pope John Paul II's visit. Exiles' rights under the Universal Declaration of Human Rights to travel to their homeland for the pope's visit; United States...
- St. Louis handles papal visit. Johnson, Jim // Waste News;02/01/99, Vol. 4 Issue 38, p3
Reports on the visit of Pope John Paul II to Saint Louis, Missouri. Cleanup of the processional routes; Removal of commercial containers.
- Welcome to the USA. // People;April2005 Collector's Edition, Vol. 63, p52
This article focuses on the two trips Pope John Paul II made to the U.S.
- Notes on Church-State Affairs: Poland. Hendon, David W.; Allman, Dwight D. // Journal of Church & State;Autumn99, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p859
Talks about the visit of Pope John Paul II to his homeland of Poland. Catholics that he beatified; Cemetery that he visited; Main square that is named after him.
- Assassination plot trails pope in Asia. // Christian Science Monitor;1/17/95, Vol. 87 Issue 35, p7
Reports on a plot in Papua New Guinea to assassinate Pope John Paul II during his Asia-Pacific tour in 1995.