Rival drug makers battle over pain killer
- Court battles continues in painkiller rivalry. Kirsche, Michelle L. // Drug Store News;2/16/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p49
Reports that painkiller OxyContin is making headlines again after a judge ruled patents on the drug are unenforceable, opening the floodgates to imminent generic competition. Appeal by Purdue Pharma, the maker of OxyContin; Ruling by U.S. District Judge Sidney Stein on January 5, 2004.
- Oxy maker searches for the next Oxy. Soule, Alexander // Fairfield County Business Journal;5/28/2007, Vol. 46 Issue 22, p1
The article reports on the effort of Purdue Pharma Inc. to develop a new pain medication to address the controversy in the marketing of oxycontin pill in the U.S. Palladone was developed for use by patients who had built a tolerance to oxycontin and other opioid drugs that is twice as powerful...
- OUT OF THE LAB AND INTO THE COURTS. Ross, Warren // Medical Marketing & Media;Oct2004, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p46
Reports on the controversy over GlaxoSmithKline's Paxil, a drug used for treating anxiety and depression and Purdue's narcotic analgesic, OxyContin. Lawsuit filed by Apotex against GlaxoSmithKline; endo's infringement of Purdue's OxyContin patent. INSETS: The Hatch-Wax man assault on...
- NEW DRUGS. // Drug Topics;2/7/2005, Vol. 149 Issue 3, p91
No abstract available.
- Long-acting oxycodone available. // Drug Topics;6/10/96, Vol. 140 Issue 11, p10
Reports on the availability of OxyContin (oxocodone) extended-release tables from Purdue Pharma LP. Controlled-release formulation of the opioid analgesic.
- BUTRANS. // Monthly Prescribing Reference;Jan2011, Vol. 27 Issue 1, pA.7
The article provides brief information on Butrans, an opioid analgesic from Purdue Pharma LP, which is used to treat moderate to severe chronic pain.
- Phurdu Pharma will add 250 jobs at Ardsley campus. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;12/15/97, Vol. 36 Issue 50, p1
Reports that Purdue Pharma L.P. is looking to create 250 additional jobs and purchase more space at Ardsley Park Science and Technology Center. Talks on purchase of a second building at the former Ciba-Geigy campus; Value of the invsetment that Purdue Pharma will put into Ardsley Park:...
- Regulatory Update. // PharmaWatch: CNS;July 2005, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p17
This article presents news briefs related to the pharmaceutical industry. One of the snippets report that Endo Pharmaceuticals Inc. which has received a welcome decision from a U.S. appeals court. The court upheld the verdict of a lower court, dismissing claims that Endo's oxycodone...
- LABOPHARM GRANTS TRAMDOL MARKETING RIGHTS TO PURDUE PHARMA. // Worldwide Biotech;Jul2006, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p4
Reports on a definitive licensing and distribution agreement between Labopharm Inc. and Purdue Pharma L.P. for the marketing and distribution of Labopharm's once-daily formulation of the analgesic tramadol in the U.S. Terms of the agreement; Significance of the agreement to the need for more...