Gun control advocates lie to further their twisted ideals
- First Lady Offers Solace to Families of Gun Victims. // Skanner (Seattle, WA & Portland, OR Combined Edition);2/20/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 20, p7
The article reports on the move of First Lady Michelle Obama to spend hour with the members of the Mayors Against Illegal Guns, the gun control group founded by New York Mayor Mike Blomberg, to offer comfort to victims of gun violence.
- For justice to prevail, punishment must balance the crime. Byfield, Link // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;5/2/94, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p2
Examines the original rationale for going soft on crime, that the old moralistic, black and white, good and evil model of punishment supposedly didn't work. However, despite all the counseling, paroling and sympathizing and 15 years of increasingly stringent gun controls in Canada, there are...
- Gun fantasies. // Christian Century;2/8/2011, Vol. 128 Issue 3, p7
The article presents the author's reflections on the events of the shooting which occurred in Tuscon, Arizona on January 8, 2011 and its implications on gun control attitudes in the United States. The author asserts that the political goals of some to increase the availability of gun ownership...
- GUN CONTROL: A SELECTIVE BIBLIOGRAPHY. HASKO, JOHN J. // Law & Contemporary Problems;Winter1986, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p251
The sources cited within this issue are presented including "Gun Control and the Second Amendment," by Earleen H. Cook and Joseph Lee Cook, "A Comprehensive Bibliography on Gun Control," by Nathan Dardick and "Firearm Use in Violent Crime: A Selected Bibliography," by Marla Wilson Ray.
- LESSONS OF HISTORY: FIREARMS REGULATION AND THE REDUCTION OF CRIME. Malcolm, Joyce Lee // Texas Review of Law & Politics;Fall2003, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p175
Analyzes the history of violent crime and gun control in England. Effect of gun control on violent crime; Crime rates; Definition of good reason; Incorporation of the shotgun certificate program into the Firearms Act of 1968.
- GUN CONTROL FLOPS. Lott, John; Lehrer, Eli // American Enterprise;Dec2004, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p11
Opposes the claim that gun control has reduced crime rates around the world. Percentage of increase in crime rate in Great Britain; Impact of gun control measures on Australia's violent crime rates; Result of a Canadian survey on gun registration.
- DEBATE. Menino, Thomas M.; Lapierre, Wayne // New York Times Upfront;4/6/2009, Vol. 141 Issue 12, p28
The article presents a debate on the issue on whether the U.S. should have tougher gun-control laws. A public official believes that the U.S. should have tougher gun-control laws that are designed to keep firearms out of the hands of the criminal minority without violating the freedoms of the...
- Do Shall-Issue Laws Save Lives? Lott, John R. // American Journal of Public Health;Jun98, Vol. 88 Issue 6, p980
The article presents the authors response on the criticism given to his paper about the shall-issue laws in Virginia. The largest recent gun control study examined only 170 cities within a single year. None of the previous studies even accounted for such obvious variables as arrest or conviction...
- New figures: guns reduce crime. // Investigate;Jan2006, Vol. 6 Issue 60, p6
The article reflects on the link between firearms and violent crime. Assaults, robberies and rape had increased in Australia following the implementation of gun control. There is a 30% decrease in reported rapes in the U.S. in the mid 1990s due to the reintroduction of the right to carry guns....