GHOSTS OF CHEJU
- GHOSTS OF CHEJU. Wehrfritz, George; Lee, B.J. // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);06/19/2000, Vol. 135 Issue 25, p15
Focuses on the atrocities committed during the pre-Korean war Seoul regime in the South Korean island of Cheju. Attack on the island by South Korean authorities to root out communists; Information gathered about the regime through declassified documents from the United States National Archive...
- JUNE 25, 1950. // America in the Korean War;1998, p9
Discusses the invasion of South Korea by the North Koreans on June 25, 1950. Sites attacked by North Korean soldiers; Problems experienced by the South Korean troops during the attack; Mission of the North Koreans under the command of General Chai Ung Jun.
- THE KOREAN WAR AT 60 PART TWO: THE COURSE OF THE WAR AND THE BRITISH INVOLVEMENT. Carter, David // Contemporary Review;Autumn2010, Vol. 292 Issue 1698, p293
The article is the third in a series which discusses the general course of the Korean conflict and Great Britain's involvement, in light of the 60th anniversary on June 25, 2010 of the war's outbreak. The invasion of South Korea by communist North Korea, the United States' decision to intervene...
- TO THE 38TH PARALLEL AND BEYOND. // America in the Korean War;1998, p49
Discusses the invasion of the 38th Parallel by the U.S. and United Nations troops during the war against North Korea in the early 1950s. Attacks on the Kimpo Airfield in South Korea; Defeat of the North Korean troops and turnover of the Korean government to South Korean President Syngman Rhee;...
- IN BATTLE WITH THE CHINESE. // America in the Korean War;1998, p61
Discusses the Chinese intervention during the war of the U.S. and the United Nations against North Korea in the early 1950s. Strategy used by Chinese soldiers to attack UN and U.S. troops under General Douglas MacArthur; Instruction passed by MacArthur to his field commanders; Encounters of the...
- Prelude to Korean War. Schaff, Marta // Prelude to Korean War;2009, p1
Presents an overview of events leading up to the outbreak of the Korean War in 1950. History of Japanese control in the Korean Peninsula; Post-World War II agreement between the United States and the Soviet Union to divide Korea; Political differences between North and South Korea; Desire of...
- Righting Past Wrongs. // Christian Science Monitor;11/15/99, Vol. 91 Issue 244, p8
Editorial. Considers whether the United States should prosecute American soldiers accused of killing Korean civilians during the Korean War despite the amount of time that has passes since the occurrences.
- Doubts About a Korean `Massacre.' Galloway, Joseph L. // U.S. News & World Report;05/22/2000, Vol. 128 Issue 20, p40
Reports on findings which raise doubts as to the authenticity of an alleged massacre at No Gun Ri in South Korea during the Korean War. Inconsistency between statements made by soldiers and reports on the location of those soldiers; Failure of the media to report ambiguities in the story;...
- Korean massacre / rape of Nanking: The forgotten holocaust of World War II. Cheng, Peter Hung // Chinese American Forum;Jan2000, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p41
Comments on the importance of recognizing the seriousness of war crimes such as the Nanking Massacre of 1937 and the Korean War massacres. Concerns over the lack of recognition given in world history to the gravity of the atrocities.