Effects of Otitis Media With Effusion on Hearing in the First 3 Years of Life
- Acute Suppurative Otitis Media in Children. Hayden, Gregory F. // Clinical Pediatrics;Feb1981, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p99
Practicing pediatricians were surveyed via mailed questionnaire and a review was made of the pertinent literature in an attempt to identify suitable criteria for making the clinical diagnosis of acute suppurative otitis media (ASOM) in children. Clinical diagnostic criteria were described in...
- Antibiotics and Ear Infections. // Pediatrics for Parents;2003, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p11
Highlights results of a study on the use of antibiotics to treat ear infections among children in Finland. Age of child; Otitis media; Otorrhea; Suctioning of ear fluids; Bacteria in ear fluids; Effectiveness of the antibiotic Augmentin.
- Otitis media with effusion in infants: Is screening and treatment with ventilation tubes necessary? Rovers, Maroeska M.; Ingels, Koen; Van der Wilt, Gert Jan; Zielhuis, Gerhard A.; Van den Broek, Paul // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;10/16/2001, Vol. 165 Issue 8, p1055
Presents a study of the childhood disease otitis media with effusion (OME) in infants and young children. Treatment; The role and effectiveness of surgically implanted ventilation tubes.
- An Intervention to Improve Follow-up of Patients with Otitis Media. Casey, Rosemary; Rosen, Beth; Glowasky, Albert; Ludwig, Stephen // Clinical Pediatrics;Mar1985, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p149
We evaluated the effects of an educational intervention and telephone reminders on compliance with medication-taking and appointment-keeping for children with otitis media. During an initial interview we examined parents' health beliefs and other factors associated with compliance n our...
- Age-specific Patterns of Diagnosis of Acute Otitis Media. McFadden, D. M.; Berwick, D. M.; Feldstein, M. L.; Marter, S. S. // Clinical Pediatrics;Oct1985, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p571
Presents a retrospective review of clinical experience with the diagnosis of acute otitis media (AOM) in children. Age-specific patterns of diagnosis; Variation in the rates of diagnosis; Implications of the study's findings on clinical practice, health planning and pediatric research.
- The Effect of Montelukast Sodium on the Duration of Effusion of Otitis Media. Combs, Jerome T. // Clinical Pediatrics;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p529
This study tests the hypothesis that montelukast sodium, a selective leukotriene receptor antagonist, will decrease the duration of the effusion of otitis media. Tympanometry and spectral gradient acoustic reflectometry were used to confirm the effusion of otitis media in patients between 2 and...
- CITATIONS AND CLINICIANS' NOTES: EAR, NOSE, AND THROAT. // Current Medical Literature: Pediatrics;2005, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p47
Offers comments of a clinician to the article "Grommets in Otitis Media With Effusion: An Individual Patient Data Meta-Analysis," by Rovers MM, Black N and Browning GG. Treatment strategy for the majority of children with otitis media with effusion; Benefits of grommet insertion to children who...
- Differences in Chronic Otitis Media Between Rural and Urban Eskimo Children. Johonnott, Susan C. // Clinical Pediatrics;Jul1973, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p415
Discusses the differences in chronic otitis media (COS) between rural and urban Eskimo children in Alaska. Characteristics of chronic otitis media; Serious complications of the condition; Pattern of COM in Alaskan Eskimo children.
- Parent satisfaction OK with no treatment of otitis. // Journal of Family Practice;Sep2005, Vol. 54 Issue 9, p754
This article cites a study that evaluates watchful waiting versus immediate antibiotic treatment for acute otitis media in children. It also surveys parents regarding their satisfaction with care. The researchers enrolled 223 infants and children with symptoms and otoscopic evidence of acute...