- Highlights from Inside Report. Anderson, Scott; Hammond, Karen; Perrin, Lindsey; Crawley, Devin // Quill & Quire;Jun2001, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p11
Reports developments related to publishers and publishing in Canada. Commitment of Canadian Heritage for arts and culture; Marketing strategy of Chapters Online in preparation for the merger with Indigo Online; Reorganization at Key Porter Books.
- Content & Publishing. // Inter@ctive Week;01/18/99, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p32
Presents a series of news about electronic publishing business. Acquisition made by TicketMaster Online-CitySearch for CityAuction; Terms of the contract signed by the New York Times with Tribune Media Services; Products included in the distribution contract signed by InfoSpace with Paxson.
- Informa secures funding for acquisitions. Waugh, Noelle // Finance Week (Centaur Communications);9/28/2005, p2
Reports that Informa, the specialist publisher and conferences company, has completed a review of its financing arrangements in Great Britain. Issuance of a new five-year revolving credit facility to fund the acquisition of IIR; Selection of ABN Amro as underwriter of the deal; Evaluation of its...
- S&S Children's Biz Pleased with Scribbles; Gears Up for Peter Pan. // Book Publishing Report;9/11/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 35, p4
The article reports on the development of a more diversified program by the children's division of Simon & Schuster Inc. in the U.S. According to the company's president and publisher Rick Richter, the aim of the division is to reach young audiences. The acquisition of Howard Publishing by the...
- It's a Big Marketplace Out There. Changshou, Weng // Publishers Weekly;10/1/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 39, pS4
The article discusses the prevalence of Chinese publishers that have been active in making deals and collaborating with foreign companies outside of China. Chinese publishers are planning to adopt the merger and acquisition strategy used by multinational publishers in order to grow bigger and...
- Surviving a Fulfillment Conversion. Mickey, Bill // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;May2007, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p26
The article examines how magazine publishers initiate a fulfillment conversion. The author identifies cost savings by outsourcing an in-house system or renegotiating a contract with a vendor, converting an acquisition and consolidating services under a single vendor as the reasons why publishers...
- EARN-OUTS: MOTIVATION AND CONFLICT. Hussey, Roger // Accountancy;Apr90, Vol. 105 Issue 1160, p104
Discusses the use of earn-out agreements to make corporate acquisitions in Great Britain. Mechanics of earn-outs; Contents of the agreements; Nature of conflict between vendors' short-term gains and long-term benefits; Vendors' view of earn-outs; Acquirers' policy on intervention.
- LI Entertainment News sold in Improper deal. Reich-Hale, David // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/31/2004, Vol. 51 Issue 61, p5a
Reports on the acquisition deal between the publishers of "The Improper Magazine" and the "Long Island Entertainment News" in New York. Refusal of the publishers to disclose the terms of the agreement; Conditions of the agreement; Benefits from the deal.
- Time's new baby. Donaton, Scott // Advertising Age;10/14/1991, Vol. 62 Issue 44, p62
Reports on an agreement reached by Time Publishing Ventures subsidiary of Time Warner to acquire Parenting Unlimited, a publisher of baby magazines. Executives of Parenting Unlimited that will remain with the magazine after the acquisition; Background on Parenting Unlimited; Competition for...