In the Loop
- Content & Publishing. // Inter@ctive Week;01/18/99, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p32
Presents a series of news about electronic publishing business. Acquisition made by TicketMaster Online-CitySearch for CityAuction; Terms of the contract signed by the New York Times with Tribune Media Services; Products included in the distribution contract signed by InfoSpace with Paxson.
- NEAL VITALE IS BACK IN THE PUBLISHING GAME VIA 1105'S ONE-TWO M&A PUNCH. // Media Industry Newsletter;4/17/2006, Vol. 59 Issue 16, p3
Focuses on the return of publishing executive Neal Vitale in the industry in April 2006. His involvement in the acquisition of 101communications and Stevens Publishing; Background information on the two media companies; New company name of the venture.
- Surviving a Fulfillment Conversion. Mickey, Bill // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;May2007, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p26
The article examines how magazine publishers initiate a fulfillment conversion. The author identifies cost savings by outsourcing an in-house system or renegotiating a contract with a vendor, converting an acquisition and consolidating services under a single vendor as the reasons why publishers...
- LI Entertainment News sold in Improper deal. Reich-Hale, David // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/31/2004, Vol. 51 Issue 61, p5a
Reports on the acquisition deal between the publishers of "The Improper Magazine" and the "Long Island Entertainment News" in New York. Refusal of the publishers to disclose the terms of the agreement; Conditions of the agreement; Benefits from the deal.
- Time's new baby. Donaton, Scott // Advertising Age;10/14/1991, Vol. 62 Issue 44, p62
Reports on an agreement reached by Time Publishing Ventures subsidiary of Time Warner to acquire Parenting Unlimited, a publisher of baby magazines. Executives of Parenting Unlimited that will remain with the magazine after the acquisition; Background on Parenting Unlimited; Competition for...
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;06/12/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p8
Reports developments in the publishing industry in Great Britain as of June 2000. Speculations on the possible purchase of Fourth Estate by HarperCollins; Expansion of London-based publisher Nicholas Brealey in the United States; Agreement between Purchasing of David & Charles and F&W Publications.
- Highlights from Inside Report. // Quill & Quire;Nov2000, Vol. 66 Issue 11, p7
Presents summaries of some of the key stories on publishing from issues of 'Inside Report,' the twice-weekly newsletter of the 'Quill and Quire' magazine. Copies of 'Trudeau Albums' sold by Penguin; Contract of the International Festival of Authors with Chapters; Acquisition of Montreal...
- Industry News. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Nov99, Vol. 100 Issue 11, p214
Presents news and update on the gift industry in the United States. Merged name of Concepts 4 and Boston Warehouse; Location of the flagship store of Lalique; Agreement between the Vermont Teddy Bear Co. and Zany Brainy.
- Bids and deals. // Professional Engineering;6/12/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p8
Reports developments on industrial engineering in Great Britain as of June 2002. Contract between Marshall Aerospace International Services and Royal Thai Air Force; Acquisition of Rushbrook Consultants by Babtie Group; Decision of BSE Group to rename its corporate name.