- A Missed Opportunity: Gemstar's E-Book Regression. Letts, Mike // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;Nov2000, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p32
Reports on developments concerning Gemstar International, following its acquisition of dedicated device manufacturers NuvoMedia Inc. and SoftBook Press. Gemstar's troubles regarding the production of backlist titles; Gemstar's decision to eliminate document conversion capabilities for its users.
- Gemstar will see you in court. Hatch, David; Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;08/09/99, Vol. 18 Issue 32, p15
Reports on Gemstar International Group Ltd.'s filing of lawsuits to protect intellectual property rights. Developer of interactive technologies for television; Gemstar's contention on some companies' alleged violation of its patents for electronic program guide technology. INSET: Patents vs....
- Gemstar to acquire StarSight. R.T. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/30/96, Vol. 126 Issue 53, p50
Reports on Gemstar International Group Ltd.'s agreement to purchase StarSight Telecast Inc. for $273 million in stock.
- The value of TV Guide. Silber, Tony // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;11/1/99, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p7
Examines the value of the magazine `TV Guide' and its involvement in big magazine deals. Reason why Gemstar International purchased the magazine.
- TechWatch. // Educom Review;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p4
Presents several news on technology. Gemstar International Group Limited's plan to be the exclusive licenser of an electronic program guide; Concern of the United States Department of Defense about over-dependence on foreign suppliers of technology used in its weapons system; Information on...
- Hotline. // Adweek Eastern Edition;7/31/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 31, p12
Reports on advertising in the United States as of July 31, 2000. Bids for the advertising account of Major League Baseball; Gemstar International Holding Group's search for an advertising agency; Finalists for the advertising account of Southeast Toyota Distributors.
- Gemstar, TV Guide battle to be TV's digital traffic cop. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;08/09/99, Vol. 18 Issue 32, p15
Reports on the competition between Gemstar International Group Ltd. and TV Guide Interactive in the development of the interactive program guide for interactive television in the United States. TV Guide's control of 90 percent of the digital cable market; Gemstar's development and licensing of...
- Gemstar mulls United Video's hostile bid. // MediaWeek;07/13/98, Vol. 8 Issue 28, p3
Reveals that United Video Satellite Group has made a $2.8 billion offer to acquire Gemstar International Group.
- RCA, Gemstar-TV Guide Unveil New Line of eBooks. Booth, Stephen A. // Adweek Southeast Edition;09/18/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 38, p54
Focuses on the electronic books produced by the joint effort of RCA company and Gemstar-TV Guide International. Details on the eBook hardware from RCA; Difference of RCA's electronic books with that of other companies; Details on the REB1100 and REB1200 electronic books.