Mighty Investments From B&N.com, Other VC Firms As Unit Spins Off
- Fatbrain's plans for 2000 include fine tuning eMatter Initiative. // Book Publishing Report;12/27/99, Vol. 24 Issue 50, p6
Details Fatbrain.com's plans for its Web publishing eMatter Initiative in 2000. Online book sales; Investment on research and development; Growth from the print-on-demand efforts.
- Fatbrain Launches `MightyWords' Electronic Publishing Service. // Book Publishing Report;03/20/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p3
Reports that Fatbrain.com has repackaged and relaunched its digital publishing service.
- E-publishing challenges the gatekeeper model. Gotcher, Renee // InfoWorld;11/8/99, Vol. 21 Issue 45, p32
Reports on the emergence of digital technologies for the publishing industry. Electronic books published by Fatbrain.com and Ebookstand.com; Advantages of electronic publishing; Setup under digital distribution.
- Fatbrain.com Debuts eMatter. Albanese, Andrew; Rogers, Michael; Oder, Norman // Library Journal;11/15/1999, Vol. 124 Issue 19, p13
Offers information on the 1999 debut of eMatter, a secure digital publishing solution which would allow authors and publishers to sell their works online, by Internet company Fatbrain.com. How eMatter works; Comments from Fatbrain.com chief executive officer Chris MacAskill.
- E PUBLISHING. Pack, Thomas // EContent;Apr/May2000, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p52
Features eMatter, an electronic publishing initiative launched by the electronic retailer Fatbrain. Process of selling a document through eMatter; How to purchase an eMatter document; Benefits of digital publishing; Benefits of eMatter for authors and readers.
- B&N.com Shells Out $64 Million For 3.5 Million Potential New Customers. // Book Publishing Report;9/18/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 37, p4
Reports the planned acquisition of Fatbrain.com by Barnes&Noble.com (B&N) in California. Availability of B&N.com consumer titles in the Information Exchange service of Fatbrain.com; Technologies created by Fatbrain.com; Terms under the deal; Impact of the acquisition on other electronic publishing.
- The e-publishing revolution. Conhaim, Wallys W. // Link-Up;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p5
Features some firms that offer online services where writers can sell their work by piece without going through a publisher and where information users can directly buy information directly from researchers or analysts. Fatbrain.com; iUniverse.com; BitBooks.com; eBookstand.com; Benefits of...
- Fatbrain vs. Pubs. on MightyWords. ROGERS &, MICHAEL; ODER, NORMAN // Library Journal;4/15/2000, Vol. 125 Issue 7, p15
Reports on the launch of the MightyWords digital marketplace for written works by fatbrain.com. Mass market opportunities presented by the company's digital publishing initiative; Effects of digital distribution on the publishing industry; Authors included in MightyWords' American Perspectives...
- Fatbrain.com Launches eMatter. Hane, Paula J. // Information Today;Oct99, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p39
Announces the release of eMatter, a secure digital publishing model from Fatbrain.com, formerly Computer Literacy Inc. How the software allows publishers and authors to sell work and receive royalties online; How the service works and protects electronic rights.