AAP Ebook Task Force Splits Responsibilities, Sets Deadline
- New `Online ISBN' moves ahead. Oder, Norman; St. Lifer, Evan // Library Journal;10/1/1996, Vol. 121 Issue 16, p15
Reports that the Association of American Publishers (AAP) has selected a team to develop a prototype Digital Object Identifier (DOI). DOI to be an International Standard Book Number (ISBN) for electronic publishing; DOI project to be undertaken by R.R. Bowker; What the DOI system should...
- NetRead Promising To Make Metadata Simple For Publishers. // Book Publishing Report;07/31/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 30, p5
Features the Association of American Publishers Online Information Exchange (ONIX) project, NetRead's JacketCaster service that sends online information about a book title to all channels. Service base on the ONIX International, a set of metadata standards; Annual fee per title; Clients.
- Publishers' case for electronic rights: AAP circulates new draft. // Publishers Weekly;5/22/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 21, p9
Reports on the general statement on electronic publishing issued by the Association of American Publishers. Challenge posed to book publishers; Effect on revenues and the future of book publishing; Issue of multimedia rights.
- Librarians Reach Out to Publishers at Conference. Kelley, Michael; Schwartz, Meredith; Barack, Lauren; Berry III, John N. // Library Journal;4/15/2012, Vol. 137 Issue 7, p14
The article covers a talk by Molly Raphael of the American Library Association, Jim Neal of Columbia University, and Anthony W. Marx of the New York Public Library to the Association of American Publishers on the topic of collaboration between publishers and libraries over ebook circulation.
- AAP unveils DOI at PSP Confab: Publishers interested but wary. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;2/24/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 8, p11
Reports on the demonstration of the Digital Object Identifier (DOI) system at the Association of American Publishers (AAP) annual professional/scholarly publishing conference held in Washington, D.C. on February 12 to 14, 1997. Expectations of the new tracking system for electronic publishing;...
- PUBS MULL EBOOK STANDARDS. Bing, Jonathan // Daily Variety;11/28/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 60, p43
Reports on the standards recommended released by the Association of American Publishers for electronic book (ebook) standards in the United States. Utilization of a numbering system for ebooks; Use of the meta-standard ONIX; Benefits of the standards.
- Toward a Universal Library. Goldsborough, Reid // Tech Directions;Feb2008, Vol. 67 Issue 7, p14
This article looks at the controversy associated with the Google Book Search tool of Google Inc. Google Book Search, formerly Google Print, allows users to search for free through books, with Google earning profits through advertising. In cooperation with university and public libraries as well...
- College Net Sales Fell 5.3% in 2012. // Educational Marketer;4/22/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p5
The article reports on data from the Association of American Publishers which revealed that the college publishing industry has seen a 5.3% decline in net sales in 2012. It states that publishers struggled with stagnant and declining enrollment in the for-profit sector and are affected by...
- AAP: E-Books, Paper Help Trade Net Sales Gain in Q1 '10. // Book Publishing Report;Jun2010, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p9
The article presents the 2010 first quarter report on net sales of trade books from the Association of American Publishers. It indicates that trade books sales have slightly increased by 4.3% due to the huge gains in electronic books and adult paperback segments. It reveals that net sales for...