Fiction, Internet Sales, Drive Increase in Adult Book Buying In '99, Study Says
- JWT exec mixes novels with ads. Lafayette, J. // Advertising Age;2/24/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 8, p48
States that J. Walter Thompson North America Chairman James Patterson earlier this month sold two novels at publishers' auction for $1 million. Questions why Patterson doesn't leave the business and write books full-time. Rumors; Publishing success of eight books; Comments from James Patterson.
- Turn books you don't want into cash. Gilbert, Joan // Good Housekeeping;Jan1993, Vol. 216 Issue 1, p151
Offers advice on selling your unwanted books to book dealers. Type of books that sell; Those that don't; The importance of the book's condition; Selling strategies; Selling by mail.
- Children's books: coming home to print? // Publishers Weekly;2/24/89, Vol. 235 Issue 8, p199
Analyzes the advantages and disadvantages US publishers face when using American suppliers for children's books; discusses full-color printing; cost vs. quality.
- Title output and prices. Grannis, C.B. // Publishers Weekly;3/10/1989, Vol. 235 Issue 10, p36
Lists numbers of titles published and their prices in 1988.
- 1988 sales finish strongly. Dessauer, J.P. // Publishers Weekly;3/10/1989, Vol. 235 Issue 10, p47
Reports on estimated publishers' sales and consumer spending on books in the fourth quarter of 1988.
- Magazines: Ups and downs. Schwartzman, S. // Publishers Weekly;3/31/89, Vol. 235 Issue 13, p21
Reports on the pros and cons of bookstores selling magazines. Sales and profits up; Problems with distributors.
- ABA joins AAP in trade bookstore test of PUBNET. Mutter, J. // Publishers Weekly;4/7/89, Vol. 235 Issue 14, p36
Report on the joining of American Booksellers Association with Association of American Publishers to test PUBNET, a computerized system for buying books directly from publishers.
- New dimensions in remaindering. Nixon, W. // Publishers Weekly;4/28/89, Vol. 235 Issue 17, p23
Reports that Random House and Bantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group have recently entered the bargain book industry. Net sales in bargain book industry at $500 million.
- The book or the smell? Fleischer, L. // Publishers Weekly;4/28/89, Vol. 235 Issue 17, p49
Discusses the promotional gimmicks used by Popular Library/Warner Books promoter Joan Schulhafer for the books `Gift of Gold' and `Gift of Fire' by Jayne Ann Krentz.