ADA Accommodations Must Not Violate Seniority
- IBEW 1439 utility worker misses death by. Finkelstein, Ed // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;3/22/2012, Vol. 75 Issue 34, p1
The article discusses the legal status of public utility workers in context to the attack on Skip Kilman, utility worker of the non-profit organization International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers 1439 in Missouri. It discusses a legislative bill which provides protection to these workers....
- Davis' bid prompts UAL to weigh alternatives. Fotos, C.P. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;8/14/1989, Vol. 131 Issue 7, p21
Discusses investor Marvin Davis' $240-a-share offer for UAL Corp., parent of United Airlines, and the alternatives United management is looking at in deciding whether to continue as an independent, publicly traded company. Debt load outlook; Challenges of UAL acquisition; Pilot contract...
- Davis increases bid for UAL, threatens to oust board if offer is rejected. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;8/21/1989, Vol. 131 Issue 8, p95
Reports that investor Marvin Davis increased his bid for UAL Corp., United Airlines' parent, by 15 percent, and has threatened to oust the board of directors if it rejects his offer.
- Eye scoop. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/9/1996, Vol. 171 Issue 6, p12
Reports on Marvin Davis' bringing of bodyguards at a visit in St. Bart.
- Davis was formidable oil, media tycoon. Natale, Richard // Variety;10/4/2004, Vol. 396 Issue 7, p128
Presents an obituary for Marvin Davis, an oil tycoon and owner of 20th Century Fox.
- What on the Strip will the billionaire buy? Moore, Thomas // Las Vegas Business Press;04/07/97, Vol. 14 Issue 14, p29
Reports on trends and developments in gaming in Las Vegas, Nevada, as of April 7, 1997. Includes land acquisition of billionaire Marvin Davis; Assumption of William Hornbuckle as president at Caesars Palace; Appointment of Mike Morgan as vice president at Harrah's Las Vegas; Assumption of...
- Untitled. Mehle, Aileen // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/9/1993, Vol. 166 Issue 6, p12
Discusses the effects of the Barbara and Marvin Davis' robbery. Hiring of security guards and dogs; Seeing Barbara without jewels.
- Why riverboat left without Marvin Davis. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;09/20/99, Vol. 22 Issue 38, p4
Reports that Los Angeles, California-based businessman Marvin Davis was excluded from the Emerald Casino deal in Rosemont, Illinois. Background on Davis' role in lobbying of the Illinois state legislature to approve the proposed casino.
- Marvin, John Davis back in showbiz takeover game. Marich, Robert // Hollywood Reporter;4/24/95, Vol. 336 Issue 48, p4
Reports on the scouting of major finance and takeover deals of father-and-son team Marvin and John Davis. Insight into family fortune and investments; Career highlights of Marvin and John Davis; Achievements.