DuPont Pharmaceuticals Writes New-Hire Prescription
- Hide and seek. Portyansky, Elena // Drug Topics;9/15/97, Vol. 141 Issue 18, p43
Focuses on Sustiva (efavirenz), a non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NNRTI) that shows the ability to penetrate into the cerebrospinal fluid of animal models and limited patients, which is under development by DuPont Merck, Wilmington, Delaware. Detailed information on efavirenz;...
- DuPont to cut 1,200 jobs from Europe nylon unit. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/1/1993, Vol. 166 Issue 64, p11
Reports on DuPont's plans to eliminate 1,200 jobs from its European nylon business. Company's move to restructure its worldwide nylon operation; European reductions primarily at plants in Great Britain and Germany; Goal of improving DuPont's competitiveness and financial performance in the face...
- Coumadin breaks clutter. // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;May97, Vol. 82 Issue 4, p50
Reviews the advertisement for CoumaCare, a product produced by the Du Pont Merck Pharmaceutical Company, that can benefit cardiologists.
- DuPont Merck to sell generic drug line to senior management. // Medical Marketing & Media;Aug97, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p18
Reports on the announcement of DuPont Merck Pharmaceutical Co. to sell its generics and multisource product lines to selected senior executives of the company. Name of the generics firm formed; Introduction of a generic version of oral Lodine(etodolac).
- DuPont to cut 4,500 more jobs in U.S.; ax to fall in Europe soon. Plishner, Emily S. // Chemical Week;9/22/1993, Vol. 153 Issue 10, p9
Reports on DuPont's plans to eliminate jobs in the United States and Europe as part of its phase II earnings enhancement program. Number of employee cuts in DuPont divisions; Estimated cost savings; Cost reduction effort in Europe.
- Du Pont Merck ending some unit dosing. // Drug Topics;11/22/93, Vol. 137 Issue 22, p6
Reports on Du Pont Merck Pharmaceutical Co.'s production cessation of some drugs like Percocet and Percodan in unit-dose packaging. Higher prices caused by the cessation; Low-profit margins and diversion to the outpatient market as reasons for the cutoff.
- DuPont Merck expands access to Sustiva. // Drug Topics;1/5/98, Vol. 142 Issue 1, p8
Focuses on DuPont Merck Pharmaceutical's expansion of patients access to its anti-human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) Sustiva (efavirenz). What prompted the expansion; Patients who are eligible to receive the drug; Information on the drug.
- DuPont Merck exits pricing lawsuit. // Drug Topics;3/4/96, Vol. 140 Issue 5, p8
Reports on a Chicago federal district court judge decision to release DuPont Merck as a defendant in the discriminatory drug pricing antitrust class action lawsuit filed by independent pharmacists.
- DuPont settle `first, important' Benlate trial for $4.25 million. Kirschner, Elisabeth // Chemical Week;8/18/1993, Vol. 153 Issue 6, p9
Reports on DuPont's settlement of lawsuit alleging Benlate DF crop damage. Damages claimed by growers of ornamental plants from Hawaii, Georgia, Michigan and Alabama; Crop loss and soil damage from using DuPont's Benlate; Withholding knowledge of sulfonylurea contamination.