HR by the Numbers
- News poll. // Workforce (10928332);Sep98, Vol. 77 Issue 9, p18
Features the human resources-related questions posed to users of `Workforce' Web site and their answers.
- Honoring HR's Brightest Lights. Lachnit, Carroll // Workforce (10928332);Mar2001, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p12
Focuses on the Optimas Awards of `Workforce' magazine designed to honor human resources practitioners. Meaning of the word optimas; Award categories; Date set for the awards' presentation.
- Optimas 2001. Wiscombe, Janet // Workforce (10928332);Mar2001, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p33
Looks at the companies receiving the 2001 Optimas Awards from `Workforce' magazine for their excellence in human resources management. Qualities of the Optimas awardees; Meaning of the Latin word optimas; Way to nominate an organization for the Optimas award.
- HR by the numbers. // Workforce;Jun98, Vol. 77 Issue 6, p89
Provides information on the findings of the `A Day in the Life of HR,' survey by `Workforce' magazine. INSETS: About the survey;Not the brightest bulbs #1: The dumbest..., by Allan Halcrow;Not the brightest bulbs #2: The dumbest..., by Allan Halcrow.
- Develop good habits. Murphy, Lynn // People Management;04/02/98, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p72
Offers tips for personnel management professionals on how to implement CPD programs. Types of behavior of personnel management professionals of keep CPD records.
- Future challenges and opportunities for the HR profession. Heneman III, Herbert G.; Metzler, Cynthia A.; Thomas, Jr., R. Roosevelt; Donohue, Thomas J.; Frantzreb, Riachard B. // HRMagazine;Mar98, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p68
Discusses the future challenges and opportunities in the human resource (HR) profession. Methods of teaching HR competencies to line managers; Risks faced by HR professionals; Challenges faced by HR professionals who hope to remain relevant to their organizations.
- THE POLITICS OF MANAGING PEOPLE. Gerardi, Michael T. // Industrial Management;Sep/Oct78, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p10
No abstract available.
- HR career issues... O'Halioran, Esther; Maxted, John // Personnel Today;3/9/2010, p17
The article provides an answer to a question on how an old-school human resources (HR) director should start for change management.
- HR is not immune to suits. Miklave, Matthew T.; Trafimow, A. Jonathan // Workforce;Oct2001, Vol. 80 Issue 10, p97
Examines the possibility for human resource (HR) professionals to be sued by employees or former employees for company-related issues. How HR managers can avoid being sued by employees; Importance of the access to and use of labor counsel in performing HR functions.