Eye on HR at CBS
- Rival ratings don't match up. Mandese, J.; Watson, C. // Advertising Age;2/24/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 8, p1
States that CBS may be the No. 1 prime-time network according to Nielsen Media Research, but the Tiffany network is dead last among the Big 3 according to ScanAmerica, a new network ratings service launched last fall by Arbitron Co. Average prime-time rating for Oct. 28 to Nov. 24; ScanAmerica...
- Character developments. Mandese, J. // Advertising Age;6/22/92, Vol. 63 Issue 25, p30
Discusses how the fall television season might be character building for CBS as many of NBC's most popular characters will leave the network this fall. Bill Cosby will not be returning in the fall; `Matlock' and `The Golden Girls' were also dropped from the NBC lineup; Murphy Brown may replace...
- CBS to ask affiliates to help with Olympics. JF // Broadcasting & Cable;1/10/94, Vol. 124 Issue 2, p7
Reports on CBS' call for help to its affiliate board regarding its upcoming bid on the 1996 summer Olympics in Atlanta. Significance of the meeting; Implications of the bidding on CBS; Comments from Tony Malara, CBS affiliate relations president.
- Cutting edge. McDonnell, Chris // Broadcasting & Cable;9/5/94, Vol. 124 Issue 36, p40
Reports on CBS News' plans to combine its national and regional affiliate newsfeeds onto a single transponder and change the name of its affiliate news operation.
- CBS takeover rumors. // Newsweek;4/15/1985, Vol. 105 Issue 15, p80
There were enormous takeover rumors involving CBS last week, but there seemed to be even more denials than rumors.
- Couch potato time. // Runner's World;Jun95, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p15
Reports on CBS Sports' track features for June 4, 1995. Coverage of the NCCA Track and Field Championships; Nike's sponsorship of the CBS track features; Comments from Rudy Chapa, director of sports marketing for Nike; ESPN and ESPN2's expansion of their track coverage.
- CBS to form news unit. // Electronic Media;06/23/97, Vol. 16 Issue 26, p34
Provides information on plans by the Columbia Broadcasting System (CBS) News to form centralized investigative and booking units that will serve all of its newscasts. Newscasts which may be excluded.
- Breaking up is hard to do. McCleery, Peter // Golf Digest;Apr96, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p130
Reports on developments in CBS Sports' golf crew in the United States. Success in television sports coverage; Comments from broadcasting officials; Dismissals; Signing of contracts. INSET: Opinion: 18-hole coverage long overdue, by Dave Anderson..
- Civil War at CBS. // Newsweek;9/15/1986, Vol. 108 Issue 11, p46
As Dan Rather said at the end of each news broadcast last week, courage is needed to survive the chaos gripping CBS. It is financially ailing, deeply demoralized and churning with dissension. Problems; suspicions; high hopes; new strategy; who'swho.