THROUGH THE LENS
- The Library of Congress. // All About Washington, D.C. in Spanish & English;2004, p18
This article provides information on the Library of Congress in Washington, D.C. The Library of Congress was established by John Adams in 1800. Its original purpose was to house a collection of books for Congress to use for research. However, during the War of 1812, British troops burned and...
- VISITOR ORIENTATION DESKS. // Library of Congress Magazine;Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p23
The article offers information on visiting the Library of Congress' Thomas Jefferson Building.
- Space for Children and Teens Created at Library of Congress. Lamolinara, Gay // American Libraries;Dec2009, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p22
A review is offered for the Young Readers Center of the Library of Congress, located in Room G31 on the ground floor of the Thomas Jefferson Building on First Street and Independence Avenue.
- A Sunny Space. URSCHEL, DONNA // Library of Congress Information Bulletin;Oct2008, Vol. 67 Issue 10, p180
The article reports on the relocation of the European Reading Room to the Southeast Pavilion of the Library of Congress's Thomas Jefferson Building in Washington, D.C. Also called the Hall of Elements, the room is adorned with pastel-colored paintings representing air, earth, water and fire....
- Remarks commemorating the 100th anniversary of the Thomas Jefferson Building at the Library of... Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;5/5/97, Vol. 33 Issue 18, p618
Presents President Bill Clinton's remarks dated April 30, 1997 commemorating the 100th anniversary of the Thomas Jefferson Building at the Library of Congress in Washington, D.C.
- Library of Congress celebrates its return to original splendor. Sands, Ellen // Insight on the News;05/26/97, Vol. 13 Issue 19, p38
Focuses on the 100-year-old Jefferson Building in Washington, D.C., which has undergone a 17-year restoration. Use of an electron microscope to analyze the paint flakes scraped from the walls of the building; Exemplary design and technology of the building; Cleaning of the original artwork;...
- Jefferson building and companion exhibit. // American History;May/Jun97, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p6
Focuses on the reopening of Thomas Jefferson Building on May 1, 1997 after 12 years of restoration and modernization. What the renovation of the building involved; Budget allotted for the refurbishing of the Jefferson and Adamson building; Permanent exhibition to be featured in the reopening of...
- TOURS OF THE THOMAS JEFFERSON BUILDING. // Library of Congress Magazine;Nov/Dec2012, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p5
The article offers information on the public tours to the Library's historic Thomas Jefferson Building in Washington, D.C. where two million visitors annually visit.
- Jefferson Building turns 100. // Reading Today;Dec97/Jan98, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p20
Focuses on the celebration of the centenary of the Thomas Jefferson Building of the US Library of Congress in Washington, D.C. on November 1, 1997. Special events planned for the celebration; History of the building; Functional and aesthetic purposes of the Jefferson Building. INSET: Book...